TWO

two; music of the night

 In Hadley's office, which was very well organized, she stood against her desk looking at the shelves of files. On the left where her most famous files, my eyes began going over the labels. Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, The Green River Killer, The Zodiac Killer and many more.

On the right, were all cold cases she had wanted to solve, and below that is all the cases that she had solved, well, ones in New Orleans anyways. Her eyes gazed over the upper portion of the shelf, her eyes landing on the file that read The Silencer. New Orleans most feared. They had called him The Silencer for the reason that he had silenced victims before they died. He would keep them for two days and then cut out their larynx, the cut was always procedural, like a surgeon had done it. His victims were all married, pregnant, and young.

The second day he had saved for preforming his ritual sex acts and then after the second day, he would rip off their wedding bands, and dump their bodies in random places, leaving their unborn babies in their stomachs. The last time I inspected the body of The Silencer, was last month, when he dumped a body behind a dumpster. Before that victim, six others were found.

A knock on Hadley's door startled her, and when she looked up, she saw Jocelyn, who wore a bright smile. Her skin-tight dress was a maroon color and her black heels were about five inches, she held her big black purse to her side as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked at me.

"You're still working?" She asked, pouting and Hadley smirked, still looking at the shelves. 

"I think I'll stay in tonight." She  said and Jocelyn shook her head, coming into her office, and shutting the door.

"C'mon. You never leave this office. You need to let loose. Have a drink or two." She said and Hadley snorted, turning her body, to sit in her chair.

"I don't drink." She said, pulling out some paperwork she had to finish for the case, and she walked up to her desk.

"You live in New Orleans, Hads. Everyone drinks." She said and pulled the file down from her face.

 "How was school?" Hadley asked and she grunted.

Jocelyn was currently going to law school to become a defense attorney. The two had met back in high school, and were the complete opposites. Jocelyn dated the popular guys, while Hadley had only dated one guy, but when Bher brother found out, he threatened the guy and he broke up with her the next day.

The duo were both equally athletic, Hadley played volleyball while Jocelyn played softball, she did cheer and she was on the soccer team. Her family comes from a line of lawyers, who moved from New Orleans, to Destrehan, when they were in their Junior year, which was sadly Hadley's last.

After graduating junior year and Hadly had begun college, and they rarely saw each other, until she started going to college where Hadley went to college. After Katrina, things have been different, she never went out with her and never stopped working.