twenty-seven

twenty-seven; the hound of baskervilles

I walked out to Emily and Spencer's desks which were right next to each others. Hotch's door was closed and I nodded my head, pointing towards the door. "What's going on?" I asked and Emily shrugged her shoulders. "Hotch said something about an interview with a girl." She said and I nodded, Derek and Penelope walked towards us and they looked at Hotch's door. " Oh yeah, it was something about another forensic scientist." Derek said and I gulped, getting scared that Hotch was trying to kick me off the team.

His door opened and a very familiar face walked out first. Leilani Māhoe. Hotch walked down the stairs and turned towards us- more specifically me.

"Hadley, you remember Leilani Māhoe?" He asked and I nodded, my throat feeling dry. "She'll be like your intern. She applied to the FBI and we accepted her application. She just needs the training, I told her and Strauss that you had no problem doing it." He said and I looked at her and then him. "Mhm." I said and she walked over to me. "Mahalo. I'm so happy to be here." She said and I nodded and turned towards Penelope. "We should- look at those papers from earlier." I said nodding my head and she nodded as well. "Right. Bye my lovely friends." She said and we walked towards her office together.

"Hads, what's wrong?" She asked and I sighed. "When we were going to work on The Silencer case, Leilani was the head CSI in charge. " I said and Penelope tilted her head confused. "She and Spencer were always together Penelope!" I exclaimed and she opened her mouth and then I realized what I just said. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Please don't tell Hotch. Or Derek. " I said and her opened mouth turned into a smile. "We knew it! AHHHH. We knew it. Derek and I were talking about it the other day! We have a code name for you both. It's Spads. Spencer and Hads. " She said and I breathed out looking at her.

"Oh my sweet child. Look at you!" She said and I closed my eyes. A stinging pain shot up my leg and I gasped, tears coming to my eyes. "Hads? What's wrong?" She asked and I shook my head. "Nothing. Can you get me an ice pack?" I asked and she nodded and left the room. I grabbed her chair and sat myself into it. The pain continued and moments later, Penelope came into the room with Spencer behind her. I glared at the doctor who walked into the room and I threw my head back.

"What happened?" He asked walking in and Penelope shrugged. "I don't know. She just gasped and sat down." She said and I started breathing heavily, sweat dripping down my forehead. 

"Okay, uh, Garcia go outside, try to distract the team, I'm going to lock the door." He said and she nodded, while Spencer went and locked the door. Spencer raced over to me. He bent down and looked up at me. "Hadley, how bad does it hurt?" He asked and I shrugged. "7 maybe 8. It's cramping bad." I said gritting through my teeth and how bad the cramp felt. Spencer placed the cold pack on top of my knee and then he grabbed the bottom of my work pants and pulled it up fast, before I could even process what he was doing. I pulled back.