eight

eight; cataplexy

eight; cataplexy

I sat on the jet, picking at my tan gel polish at my fingers. I wasn't paying attention to what was going on until JJ handed me the larger file. I grabbed it and opened it.

"One female victim and two male victims found buried together in the same grave. All 25 to 30/" She said and then looked back down at her file. "All had been dead...6 months?" She said but it came out as a question.

"That sounds like 3 different MOs." Prentiss said and Spencer spoke. "Uh, Gary Taylor, The Phantom Sniper, was all over the map, like this guy. He changed his MO as he needed to control the situation.

"What about the fresh grave?" Hotch asked and looked up at me. "Oh, uh, female, 28. Dead roughly 48 hours ago. She was asphyxiated. ME states that it seems like that, but medical examiner's tend to lose things, and make up their own stuff. I'd like to talk to the examiner." I said and Hotch nodded.

"Hey. You." I heard a female whisper and Spencer tilted his head, wondering where that was coming from. My phone rang and I picked it up, not looking at the contact.

"LaMontagne." I said and I heard an unfamiliar voice. "Is this Hadley LaMontagne?"  The voice asked and I raised an eyebrow at myself. " Yes this is, who is this?" I asked, and the voice seemed worried. 

"My name is Adahy Blackwolf. I live in Alaska, my daughter was found two months ago, after being sexually assaulted. They closed the case  about 3 weeks ago, I was hoping you could help me and investigate." He said, sniffling and I stood up and walked towards the small room on the jet, away from everyone else.  

"Who told you to call me?" I asked in a harsh whisper and he answered. "He said his name was William LaMontagne, and that he was your brother." He said and I threw my head back, shaking my head. Of course Billy would do this.

"Okay, right now, I'm on a case. After I will get back to you, I promise." I said and he gave his thanks and I shut off the phone. I turned around and bumped into a body. I looked up and saw Spencer, staring down at me.

"Sorry, it was uh, a friend." I said, and went to go sit down. I walked back to where everyone was and Hotch looked at me. "Who was that?" He asked and I sat down, grabbing the file I left on the seats.

"A friend." I said and he nodded, not buying my story. " So, Hadley, are you nervous for your first case?" Prentiss asked looking at me and everyone's eyes were on me, I shrugged. "Yeah, sure. It's just interesting." I said and she nodded smiling.

"Did you always want to become a federal agent?" JJ asked and I shook my head, smiling. "No, when I was younger I wanted to be a pianist." I said chuckling, and Morgan smiled. "How long have you played piano for?" He asked and I breathed out, trying to remember. "Years, it was-" I said but was cut off, I felt my eyes droop and losing the feeling in my legs that went up to my body, and then I fell asleep.