thirty-four

thirty-four;  5 months, 3 days and 17 hours

I stood outside Chad Brown's house and I looked around the property, that had some flowers in the bushes and the house was made out of brick. "It's clear so far." A guy said in a hazmat suit, looking around and checking for Anthrax inside Brown's house.

"All right, keep me posted." He said into his ear piece and looked over at us. "This guys just had people over to his house last month." Derek said and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"We should probably still take a look around anyways." He said and we nodded, and Spencer hissed as he walked past the rose bush. I looked back at him. "Are you okay?" I asked raising an eyebrow and he nodded. I let my eyes linger on him for a bit, then I began walking in front of Spencer.

Derek's phone went off and I stopped walking and faced him. "Yeah, Princess what's up?" He asked, and I assumed he was talking to Penelope. "Uh-huh, we're here now." He said and the sprinklers came on and I jumped.

He shot his gaze over at me. "Wait, the lab is clean?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why the lab would be cleaned.

Derek turned around to talk to Spencer but he was gone. "Reid?" Derek asked looking around and I turned the other way. "Spencer?" I asked, worry filling my voice. "Reid!" Derek said and began running around another bush and going to the door. I ran as fast as my leg would let me and we ran next to each other. "Spencer!" I yelled and when we got to the door it was shut in our faces. "Morgan, Had's get back." Spencer said and Derek began shouting. "What are you doing?" He shouted the same time I yelled. "What's happened?" 

He looked at me and locked the door. "I'm sorry." He said looking into my eyes and I looked at the floor and saw a tube on Anthrax on the floor and the AC was on blast. I shot my gaze over to Spencer, with my heart now in my ass.

Azalea, Hotch, The EMT, guys in Hazmat suits and the General came to Brown's house to start getting a team in. I stood at the door, pacing back and forth, biting my nail, as my boyfriend was exposed to Anthrax.

"Hadley, stop, I'm fine." Spencer said looking at me through the window. I didn't stop pacing trying to block his voice out.

"Hads, stop you're stressing yourself out." He said and I stopped pacing and looked at him through the glass. "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry that I'm stressing out because my boyfriend decided to go and search the house and now he's exposed to Anthrax, which has now killed 19 other individuals." I said rambling and his phone rang and he picked it up talking to Hotch. After a couple of minutes talking to Hotch he looked over at me and hung up.

"Hads, I need you to go with Hotch and help him find Brown." Spencer said through the glass and I shook my head. "No." I said and I walked over to where Hotch was with Derek.

" I'm staying here." I said and Hotch shook his head. "Hadley, it's not safe here you have to come with-" He said and I snapped my gaze over to him. "I'm not leaving my boyfriend to deal with this on his own, Hotch. I'm staying here, you don't need me." I said to him, the wind blowing in my face and Derek looked over at me, after what I had just confessed. Hotch sighed and nodded not being suprised by what I had just told him.