seven

seven; supervisory special agent hadley lamontagne

Hadley's POV

I woke to the sound of a heart monitor beeping. I stared at the white ceiling, and the memories of last night filled my head. The pain in my leg was more numb and I knew it was the drugs.

I felt someone shift in the chair next to me and I turned seeing Billy, who was sleeping on the chair, I turned slightly to grab the pill at my foot, grunting quietly and I threw it to him. He jolted up and got up, walking the five feet to my bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I swallowed trying to clear my dry throat. "Fine.I can't really feel the pain." I said and he nodded, holding my hand. "I almost lost you." He said, his voice breaking and I smiled softly. "You'll never lose me, Billy." I said and he kissed my forehead.

A knock was heard at the door and there stood Agent Hotchner, holding a coffee. He looked tired and his face was more relaxed than it was normally. Billy got up, and gripped my shoulder, he left the room leaving Hotchner in here.

"Agent Hotchner, what are you- what are you doing here?" I asked him and he breathed out, sitting on the bed. "I'm sorry for what I accused you of. That was very unprofessional of me." He said and I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I get it." I said and he looked down.

"Is she really gone?" I asked him and he nodded. "It was a clean shot." He said and I felt a tear run down my cheek. My lips started to tremble and he held my hand. "It was your life our hers. Or maybe she would have shot one of us. You did the right thing Hadley. You did what an FBI agent would have done in a situation that you were put in." He said and I nodded, understanding.

I raised my hand and wiped my face. "When you're ready to start working, the arrangements will be made." He said standing up and I furrowed my eyebrows, as he started leaving the room.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and he turned to me. " Your job as Supervisory Special Agent Hadley LaMontagne. " He said and left the room. My mouth dangling open as he told me that I was going to be an FBI agent.

Three months later

I stood outside the door that led into the BAU in Quantico, Virginia. I looked at the glass doors and I wondered if this was a bad idea. I shook my head, pushing the negative thoughts back and I opened the door.

I walked into the huge room and I was stopped by a lady. "Ma'am, how can I help you?" She asked and I looked at her. "I'm looking for Agent Hotcner." I said and she nodded, pointing to his office.