forty

forty; memorable

forty; memorable

I sat on Spencer's couch as he had his left leg up resting. I looked at the TV which was playing an old movie and I watched as he tried to get up to get food. "Spencer. Stop." I said and stood up, looking down at him.

"Hads, please. It's fine." He said and I shook my head. "No. Let me take care of you." I said placing my hand on his cheek and he rolled his eyes. I laughed and went over to the sink getting what he wanted. The day passed by in a blurb and when it was time to sleep, I slept on the couch so Spencer would be okay. I went back and forth between Spencer's and Hotch's making sure both men where okay.

The next day passed and it was our 6 month anniversary. I told him that it was fine if we stood inside and he shook his head and used his crutches to go to his room and get dressed. "Spencer. I don't have a dress. I told you we don't have to go out. I'm perfectly fine with-" I said but cut myself off when he was holding up a long red dress.

"Spencer..." I said and he smirked. "It's long and I know how you get with people seeing the one thing I love the most about you." He said and I shook my head, not believing he actually brought me a dress.

"Put it on, I'll wait for you to get ready." He said and I walked up to him and grabbed the dress and left to go get dressed. I slipped on the dress and flats and did my make-up. Something subtle but something I normally didn't wear often.

I stepped out of the room, getting done in about 20 minutes and he looked me up and down. "Y-You look great." I said and I smiled and walked over to him. "So do you. Now, let's go and hurry so I can stop stressing out about you walking." I said and he smiled and we left his apartment, as we left i saw a black small car drive past and I shrugged it off, walking away.

We stepped into the restaurant and got our seats. I ordered red wine along with Spencer along with some rice and spaghetti. "Spencer, I'm serious. You didn't have to do all this." I said and he smiled at me and crossed his hands over each other.

"Sure I did. We've been dating for 6 months 1 day and 45 minutes. That's something to celebrate." He said and I tilted my head and smiled at him. "Plus, our one year will be more memorable than this." He said and I shot my gaze over at him.

"Spence-" I said but he grabbed my hand and smiled. "I love you." He said and I smiled back at him and gripped his hand. "I love you too." I said and he smiled, bringing the wine up to his lips. I did the same and looked around the place. There were candles everywhere and there were other couples eating a bit father from us. Some old ones, young ones and even a family.

"This is perfect." I said and he smiled and nodded. "It is, isn't it." He said and I nodded. " Remember when we first met?  In the morgue with Reno?" I asked and he smiled and nodded. "Of course I do. I remember everything about that day. I thought you were sweet and you were gorgeous." He said and I snorted, my cheeks beginning to heat up.

"Please, you were over here with that adorable smile on your face, and when I remember seeing you in the morgue I thought that you could have been my age. " I said and he laughed and we kept talking about every little thing about each other.

I parked in the parking lot of his apartment and I felt like someone was watching me I turned my head and saw a black car zoom past me. I looked over to Spencer who used his crutches to go upstairs.

I walked over to him and placed my arm under his to help him up to the apartment. Once we got up there I looked out the window and saw the same black car sitting behind mine. "Spence- I'll be right back." I said and he nodded and I walked over to my purse and grabbed my gun. I held it low as I slowly walked down to the first level of the apartment.

I saw the car, using binoculars to look up into Spencer's room. I held up my gun and walked over to the car.  It sped past me but I got a good look at the man who was driving- and it was George Foyet. The Reaper.

I rushed into my apartment with Hotch and I looked at him. "George Foyet was at Spencer's apartment last night. He followed us to the restaurant." I said and he raised his eyebrow and jumped up, in pain.

"Did he talk to you? What happened?" He asked and I shurgged. "Hotch I don't know. Spencer's at the BAU right now. I haven't told him yet." I said and he nodded. "I'll tell Strauss about what I saw." I said and he nodded and I turned to him.

"Why would Foyet come after Spencer?" I asked and he shook his head. "He wasn't going after Spencer, Hadley. He was going after you." He said and I gulped and breathed out.

"Why?" I asked and he looked at me. "Because he know's you live here with me. He's trying to get to me." He said and I had to make a joke out of this.

"Awe, is Aaron Hotchner confessing that he cares for me?" I asked and he rolled his eyes and turned away from me to go to the kitchen.

"You do though-right? I'm not making thing up?" I asked and he let out a laugh. Holy shit- I just got Aaron Hotchner to laugh.

"You're harassing me Hadley, stop." He said and I laughed. "I live here.I can harass you all I want."I said and he shook his head.

"Morgan was right. You are a pain in the ass." He said and grabbed water and I nodded. "Riight. I'll remember that when you want something from me next time." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I'm going to the BAU to tell Strauss. I'll give you any updates." I said turned to leave and he nodded. "Hads." He said and I turned back to face him.

"Yeah?" I asked and he tilted his head. "Be careful." he said and I nodded. "Aren't I always?" I asked and he clenched his jaw and I laughed.

"Okay, I promise." I said and left out of our shared apartment and to the BAU to report what I had witnessed.