eleven

eleven; when did it start?

"Hads, we need to go to their house, meet me in the parking lot." I heard Derek say through our earpiece and I walked out of the mall and into the black SUV, where Derek and Spencer were.

About 10 minutes later we were in the Jacobs' home, and I got out of the black car and slammed the door, walking up to her home. We walked in and I began inspecting the home along with Morgan and Spencer.

"Hey... my favorite movie from when I was a kid." Spencer said pulling the DVD out from the player. "So they watch movies together too." Derek said and I looked back from where I was staring at a family picture.

"And they also go out a lot together as well." I said and he nodded. "I wanna see her room." I said and Derek raised his eyebrows and Spencer nodded.

I walked in the 6 year old's room behind Derek and in front of Spencer. Spencer walked to the bed and lifted up the covers. "She's been wetting her bed." He said and I shrug my shoulder. "A lot of 6 year olds do. I know I did." I said and Derek nodded."Could be bad dreams."

"Some kids won't get up at night because they're afraid of the dark." Spencer said and I nodded at his point. I looked in her draws and Derek turned to us, holding out a doll.

"Or it could be a lot more complex than that." He said breathing out and turned to us. My heart dropped as I saw the doll butchered. Her hair was cut in all the wrong places. She had sharpie covering her eyes, legs and arms like bruises.

"Most girls covert their dolls, like an extension of themselves." Spencer said and I grabbed the doll from Derek, feeling my heart break and memories resurface. I look down at the doll thinking back to the doll that I had. I had done the same thing to it, cut the hair, drew on the face. I thought that it was what I looked like.

"Reid, I know these signs. Acting out on her toys, wetting her bed. Katie's in a lot of pain and isn't telling anybody and I think I know why." Derek said and I blinked back a tear.

"She's being molested." I said, my voice cracking and Derek picked up the phone and called Hotch. Spencer walked over to me. "Hads, are you okay?" He asked and I looked back at him and nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I said and handed him the doll.

I looked at Hotch and shook my head. "It's the uncle." I said and he tilted his head, questioning why I would think it's the uncle. "He knew things about Katie that not even her own father could say. He has some sort of bond with Katie." I said and Derek nodded. "Let's go, they're going to need us." He said and I nodded, glancing at the doll.

" I want to talk with the uncle. Spencer, you can see how much information you can get on Jeremy." I said giving him instructions and he nodded, as he stepped into the SUV.

"So, how do you like being in charge of the case?" Derek asked, as he drove and I shrugged, looking out the window. "It took me by a surprise." I said, trying not to give any emotion.