twenty-four

twenty-four; hadley diana lamontagne, you beautiful creature

8 months and 2 weeks later.

I sat outside the FBI Headquarters in Quantico Virginia, deciding if I should go in or not. Nobody knew it was my first day back, except for Strauss, who I had to beg and show that I could do it.

The prosthetic was hidden under my suit pants, as my days of wearing pencil skirts were over. I gripped onto my bag and I sighed, trying to get myself ready for what seemed like my first day back. I hadn't even told Spencer that I was planning on coming back. 

It had been a while since I had got fitted for my new prosthetic. It was one designed for more running but was still simple and didn't look complicated. I opened the doors of the building ad rode the elevator to the top, where the BAU was located.

I stepped off the elevator, my now short hair bouncing, I stared at the clear glass doors, my palms were sweaty and my left leg started to hurt a bit, but I pushed that aside as I remembered I took my prescribed pills along with Modafinil.

I opened the doors and breathed in the smell of coffee and the smell of paper, as I heard the printer in the background. I looked ahead to see if there any of my teammates were there, and none of them were, which meant that they were briefing their case. I saw my office and I smiled and walked over to it. I opened the door and placed my bag on my desk. I heard the chatter of my teammates and it made me nervous. I closed the door behind me and I stepped out of my office and I walked towards their desk and they all stopped what they were doing and they all had their eyes widened.

"Hadley! You're back!" Emily said and she walked over to me and hugged me, I hugged her back and I looked at her new hair. She now had bangs and her hair was cut to her shoulders. She smiled at me and she looked at my hair. "You're hair! " She said and I laughed, Derek came up to me and chuckled looking at me. "Look at you hotstuff." He said and I blushed and he hugged me tightly and pulled away gripping my shoulders. Rossi walked up to me and hugged me and kissed the top of my head, Spencer looked me up and down and raised his eyebrows, he walked towards me and hugged me, and I hugged him back. A memory from the last 8 months of my life flooded through my brain and I blushed immediately.

5 Months Ago

I stood on the small couch in the PT's office and I watched as they got the stairs ready for me to climb on. I swallowed, nervous that I would have to walk back down them again. After so long, the only thing I had trouble with was walking up and down a flight of stairs.

Brody had insisted that I do it by myself, without holding onto this hands and I took his advice, getting frustrated. The door to the room opened and I turned and saw Spencer standing there, Brody smirked and turned towards me. "You know what, I think I have to go get something for another patient." He said and I glared at him as he left.