ten

ten; katie jacobs

ten; katie jacobs

I stepped out of the black SUV before it stopped moving. I hate it when kids where involved with crimes. I wanted to find this little girl and bring her to her parents. I was already confused as it was as to why I was here, there wasn't a dead body, but Hotch insisted that I come to get experience. JJ, Spencer, Derek, Penelope, and Emily walked along sisde me and Hotch walked in front.

"We've been in lockdown for almost 20 minutes. My team's already in motion." The guy- who name was Jim said. "Another female. Same age, same time of day. Taken from essentially the same location." Emily said and my heart started beating faster.

"What makes you sure that Katie Jacobs is still in the building?" Derek asked and I heard a female voice. "Because the mall's got camera's installed at every entrance and exit, Derek. Surveillance videos confirms Katy entering the building, but no sign of her leaving." I looked to where I heard the voice and I saw a woman with red hair I realized that she had called Derek by his first name and not by Agent Morgan or Morgan, meaning that the two knew each other. She stuck out her hand to mine. "You must be Hadley LaMontagne. I'm Azalea Ivankov." She said giving me a fake smile and I grabbed the hand, shaking it.

Derek rolled his eyes and shook his head.  "Whoever killed Jessica Davis last week left that mall with her because he wanted time with his victim in privacy." Spencer said and I looked at Jim. "Assuming it's the same offender, he wouldn't stray from his MO." I said thinking back to the reports.

"Garcia, report to the mall's security office. Reid, Morgan, Hadley, I want you to find the head of security." Hotch said and we all nodded, looking at each other. "We need all data from every search team. We'll treat the mall like a neighborhood. Ivankov, you're with me. You two talk to Katie's parent's."  We all split up and I began walking fast in front of Derek and Spencer, hands by my side. 

"Whoa, Tinkerbell slow it down. What's wrong?" Derek asked walking beside me and Spencer was on the other side of me, they were both matching my pace. "Nothing. I just hate when kids are taken. Is that so bad?" I asked and Derek breathed out having nothing to say. "I guess not." He said.

But that wasn't exactly the real story. And only Billy knew that. Of course, part of my job as a Crime Scene Investigator and as someone who was in the forensics department, I looked at all types of dead bodies, especially kids. It was the one thing I absolutely hated about my job. Maybe it was because my own mother had left 3 months after I was born. Billy said it was always the reason but I always denied it, and I will continue to deny it. UnSub's who involve children and kill them are cowards and they need to be locked up for the rest of their lives.

We walked into a store and a woman shook hands with us and started giving us details. "117 stores, uh, 69 storage closets, 73 dressing rooms, 6 men's rooms and 6 ladies rooms." She said pointing down at the map.