thirty-nine

thirty-nine; what a dick

I sat in the SUV by myself eating my food. When I was finished, I saw everyone walk outside of the house everyone began looking frantically, I jumped out of the SUV and walked up to the team. "What happened?" I asked out loud but no one gave me an answer. 

I rolled my eyes as Emily brought Dr. Barton in from outside. "Dr. Barton, this is SSA Hadley LaMontagne." She said and he nodded, and stuck out his hand. I grabbed it and took it into my hand and shook it.

"What is it you guys do exactly?" He asked and I smiled softly at the man. "They're profilers." I said and he tilted his head. "You said they, not we." He said and I shrugged.

"Technically, I'm not a profiler, yet. I'm a Crime Scene Investigator." I said and he looked at my gun. "Think of me as a kickass advanced crime scene investigator." I said and he nodded and then his eyes widened. 

"You're Hadley LaMontagne, the girl who survived the bombing." He said and I gawked at the man. "I-I'm sorry what?" I asked and he nodded at me. 

"I was one of the doctors that read your chart and called in the Seattle Grace team." He said and I gave him a tight smile, feeling uncomfortable that he had said the girl who had survived the bombing.

I excused myself from the conversation and walked into the other room where I saw Spencer getting off of the phone. "Hey did-" He said and I looked at him and cut him off. "Did you know that guy was one of my doctors? He just referred to me as the girl who survived the bombing. No wonder why the UnSub is after him." I said annoyed and he raised his eyebrows. "Babe, I think you need to sleep." He said laughing at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

Emily and Dr. Barton walked through the doors and looked at us. "So Garcia is going to email the files. We'll print them out from here." He said and I looked over at him as he nodded and him and Emily walked into his office. "What a dick." I said and Spencer laughed.

I sat down next to him and he looked at the file and began speaking. "So we could do a dinner at a restaurant or we can have a dinner at my place." Spencer said and I looked over at him. "It doesn't matter, as long as there's food." I said and he nodded and flipped a page. "So restaurant it is." He said and I smiled at him.

"Can you believe it's almost been a year?" I asked and he nodded and smiled, I saw my hair tie on his wrist and I laughed to myself.

My phone went off and I sighed and answered it. "LaMontagne." I said and Leilani began speaking. "So, I just got the DNA tests back, and there was no other DNA except the male's and his wife. " She said and I watched as Dr. Barton and Emily walked in holding stacks of files.

"Okay. I'll tell everyone else. Has Hotch called you or anything?" I asked her and she said no. I hung up and I stood up. "Excuse me." I said and walked out of the room and dialed Hotch's cell, it went straight to voicemail and I sighed.