thirty

thirty; you don't need her

I sat at the kitchen island and took the glass of whiskey and threw my head back, the brown liquid burning my throat on the way down.  Shot after shot, I drank, the liquid making me forget all of my worries, all of my issues, and mother problems. I continued to drink and drink until I fell asleep on the kitchen island.

4 hours ago.

 We are all standing in the briefing room all looking at each other by we I mean the entire BAU except for JJ who took Henry to her office. We had just came home from the case in Washington.

"You're telling me that William and Hadley are your kids?" Dave asked, who also mentioned that this woman, was a past wife.

I clenched my jaw looking at Will. "This is a joke right?" I asked him and he sighed. "Hadley, I'm sorry-" He said but I shook my head cutting him off. "No, Will, you can't say you're sorry. " I said yelling and Hotch brought his hand down from rubbing his head. 

"I'm so confused." Leilani said and Derek walked up to me, as I was yelling at Will. "Hadley, come on you need sleep." He said and I shook my head. "I don't need sleep. I need answers. What the hell is going on?" I yelled and I looked back at Adeleine- who claimed to be my mother.

"Why are you here? Who are you?" I asked a series of questions and she tilted her head. "I'm your- your mother." She said stuttering and I laughed. "My mother?" I said and continued to laugh harder.

"No, I don't have a mother. My father and my brother raised me. I don't know what a mother is." I stated and walked towards her, anger rising by the second. "You left. Mother's don't leave their children. And they certainly don't leave their 3 month old daughter." I stated and Derek ran over to me and pulled me back.

"Hadley, stop." He said and I laughed. "Wanna know something? You missed every birthday, every Christmas, every Thanksgivings, you missed my graduation. My first boyfriend, my first everything. You missed me losing my left leg, and Dad dying, and me getting thrown of of the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, you missed everything. You don't get to sit here, and say that you're my mother. Because you're not. As far as I'm concerned, my mother died and I don't give a damn." I said, and pushed myself off of Derek and slammed the to-go bag on the floor and turned to leave, pushing past Hotch. Will tried to confront me but Derek told him to give me some time.

I stormed out of the briefing room and went to leave the bullpen, when a warm hand grabbed my wrist. "Hadley, stop." Spencer said, turning me to face him and I ripped my hand out of his. "Don't tell me what to do." I said and he breathed out, looking at my face. I shook my head and turned but he stopped me once more. 

"Spencer. Let me go, before I say something that ruins our relationship." I said and he let me go and I walked over to the elevator and pressed the buttons to the elevator and took it down.

3rd Person POV

Hotch stood in his office and looked at Rossi. "You're telling me, that you married her?" He asked and Rossi nodded. "We were in love." He said and Hotch closed his eyes and breathed out, as Derek and Emily walked into his office. 

"Any word on where she's at?" Hotch asked and Derek shook his head. "No." He stated and Emily walked in with Derek and closed the door behind her, she looked out of his office to see Will and JJ talk to Adeleine.

"She needs time. This woman left her after she was born. She hasn't had any contact with this woman and all of a sudden she's coming and it just changed her entire life." Emily said trying to give the girl sympathy and Hotch sighed. "What if something happens to her?" Derek asked and Hotch sighed, his heart beating faster than normal, but he didn't let that show in his facial expression.

"Nothing is going to happen. She'll be okay. As far as I know, she'll be working with us as a Senior agent." Hotch said and Derek threw his hands up. "We don't even know this woman." He stated and Hotch sighed. "It's Strauss' orders." He said and Derek shook his head and walked out the room.

4 hours later.

I sat at the kitchen island and took the glass of whiskey and threw my head back, the brown liquid burning my throat on the way down. 

Rossi walked out from his bathroom and he put his hand on my shoulder. "Hadley, maybe you should stop, we have to work tomorrow." Rossi said and I shook my head, drinking another shot. Shot after shot, I drank, the liquid making me forget all of my worries, all of my issues, and mother problems. I continued to drink and drink until I fell asleep on the kitchen island.

When I woke up in the morning I was laying on a soft bed, with a massive headache. I heard footsteps come into the room and I saw Rossi, handing me a glass of water and some pills. I sat up and saw my prosthesis in the corner of the room.

"How are you feeling?" Rossi asked sitting on the bed and I shrugged. "Like a woman who claimed to be my mother walked into my life after 23 years." I said and he sighed.

"I can't believe I married her." He said and I laughed dryly, raising my eyebrows. I looked over at the clock and it read 7:30. "I'm late." I said and tried to rush out of bed but he shook his head.

"You have the day off. I spoke to Aaron last night." He said and I sighed and sat back down. "How am I supposed to go back to work?" I asked and he looked over at me.

"You've lived 23 years without her Hadley, you don't need her." He said and I nodded, and he stood up leaving the room to go to his own to get ready to work.

I threw the big blanket over my head and laid in the dark, which helped my major headache.