twenty

twenty; it's terrorism

Hours later, I walked into the Federal Plaza and saw everyone gathered around the computer. I watched Derek walked away clenching his jaw walking past me. I threw my hands up and looked at everyone who was standing around the computers. "What the hell just happened?" I asked and Emily looked at me concerned. "Where have you been? I've been trying to call you." She asked and I nodded. "I know. I was busy." I said and JJ looked over at me. "With what? We called you seven different times." JJ said and I shook my head.

"I don't need you snooping in my business, JJ." I retorted and she cocked her head back surprised, Azalea clenched her jaw. I scoffed, shaking my head, and walked past the team, when Spencer grabbed my arm, dragging me away from everyone.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothings wrong." I said and he tilted his head. "You just yelled at JJ. You never yell at JJ. I know you, Hadley." He said and I laughed. "Then you know I don't want to talk about it." I said and Spencer breathed out. "You should come back with us to the hotel." He said and I shrugged. "Whatever." I mumbled and got ready to leave.

As we walked into the hotel I stayed behind not wanting to be with the team, as I had my black duffel bag in hand. I heard Spencer call out JJ's name. "JJ, look." He said and nodded over to the waiting area. There stood my brother with his bags.

The team walked over to him and he smiled at JJ. "Hey, took a shot and flew to D.C. but it didn't work. I figured a train ride to New York was only a few more hours." He said smiling at JJ. I crossed my arms over my chest waiting to see if he was going to acknowledge me or have eye sex with JJ.

"Detective." Hotch extended his hand, and Billy took a hold of it, shaking his hand. "I'm sorry for showing up like this, I know you're working, but um...I can't stand you being on this case. And me not being here- with everything that's been going on." He said and Hotch looked over at JJ concerned.

"Is there a problem?" Hotch asked and JJ turned to us. "I'm pregnant." She breathed out and I swore I stopped breathing. "Oh my god! JJ!." Emily said hugging her good friend. "I've asked JJ to marry me." Billy said as Hotch grabbed his hand to congratulate him.

I clenched my jaw and nodded. First, it was Billy yelling at me like I was a 5 year old last year, then it was of his year-long relationship with JJ and now that she was pregnant. "We'll uh, give you both some privacy." Hotch said and I turned to walk away but Billy called my name. "Hadley, you ain't gonna come say hi to your big brother?" He asked and I gripped my duffel bag and continued to walk away from everyone else, to get my key to my room.

I walked into the elevator with everyone behind me and we all stood in there with awkward silence. I clenched my jaw and gripped my bag, as Spencer spoke to Emily and Azalea quietly. "After this case, I'm resigning." I said and their conversation stopped immediately. "Hadley, what are you-" Emily asked but I shook my head. " I mean, why be on a team that I can't even help, right Hotch?" I asked, and the elevator door opened. I walked through without saying anything and walked to my room, using the key to get in.