forty-one

forty-one; we're a team

"Please state your name and rank for the record." Agent Strauss said walking over to the recording machine and pressed record and I nodded, my throat feeling dry.

 "Supervisory Special Agent Hadley LaMontagne Crime Scene Investigator for the Behavioral Analysis Unit, in Quantico, Virginia." I stated,picking at my already chipped black nail polish.

"And how long have you been a member of the BAU?" Strauss asked and I looked down at the polished wooden table. "2 years and a half." I said and she nodded. "And have you worked under Agent Hotchner the whole time?" She asked and I shook my head and my voice hoarse.

"No ma'am. I currently report to acting Unit Chief, Derek Morgan." I said and she nodded. "What was your current role in all of this?" She asked, crossing her arms and I looked into her eyes. "I was just as much involved in this as was Derek Morgan, Aaron Hotcner, Dave Rossi and everyone else." I said and she nodded.

3 days earlier.

I was walking out from Spencer's apartment and going into my car. I was ready to drive home to Rossi's house and get settled in. I approached my black Chevrolet Cobalt 2009, and I went into my purse to grab the keys. I heard the bushes shake and I turned my head, seeing if someone was there. I shook off the feeling and I put my keys into the car and I saw a reflection from behind me, one wearing a black mask. I turned quickly, as the man raised his hand to hit the back of my head and I ducked, trying to get away. My gun was inside of my car and there was no way I could get it. But the man grabbed my shoulder and punched me and all I saw was darkness consuming my vision.

3rd Person POV

"There's approximately 115 miles between Fredricksberg and Westminister. Why mail a letter from 2 cities?" JJ asked, looking at the screen. Derek Morgan stood with the rest of his team, except Hadley and Adeleine.

"Okay, so what are we going to do about the 2 cities?" Leilani asked looking up at the screen. JJ looked back at her. "Usually we need 3 different points to get an accurate geographic profile." JJ said and Spencer looked over at his team.

"Has anyone seen Hadley?" He asked, looking for his girlfriend and the team shook their heads. "Or Adeleine?" Leilani and Rossi looked at the team. "They wouldn't be together, Hadley can't stand to be alone with her." He said and Spencer looked at the board as Penelope came in and told them about the names.

Spencer began working, still thinking about the fact that Hadley wasn't in the room when there was a serial killer roaming around, especially one that was watching her the past couple of weeks.