thirty-six

thirty-six; is supervisory special agent aaron hotchner smirking at me!?

I walked as fast as I could and into the briefing room being thirty minutes late. I had the file in my hand and I opened the door and Hotch looked over at me. "You're late." He said and I sighed. "Sorry." I said and he tilted his head, knowing that I really wasn't sorry.

Derek snorted and then turned to Hotch. "What do we know about this guy?" He asked and I slid into the chair that Penelope got up from, which was next to Derek and Rossi.

"Until 2 months ago he was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. He did 2 tours in Iraq. Lost his left leg in a roadside ambush." He said Hotch glanced over at me.

"He was discharged with a purple heart and an accommodation for valor." Adeleine said and Rossi didn't even try to look at her.

"And the Royal Canadian mounted police are requesting our help?" Spencer asked finding it odd that Canada wanted our help. "Well they have no other choice." Hotch said and Leilani looked down at her file.

"So he manages to get away with 10 murders. Why crash the guard post?" JJ asked confused  and Leilani looked up at her. "Could be an attempted suicide?" She asked and I shook my head. "No, it doesn't seem like that's what this is about. It's like he wants to be heard." I said and Hotch looked at all of us.

"We'll be having another Agent accompany us on the trip. Agent Maxsten McKinley, he works with Agent Ivankov in counterintelligence." Hotch said and I sighed and avoided eye contact with Leilani.

"Wheel's up in 10." Hotch said and we all nodded, getting up to leave. I was on my way out the door when Hotch called my name. I scratched the back of my head and turned to face him. "You were 30 minutes late." He said and I nodded. "I know, I know. I really am sorry. I was on my way, and then I started getting tired so I had to pull over and then drive here and I lost track of time." I said and he nodded.

"Don't do it again. Other agents are going to think I'm giving you special treatment because you live with me. "He said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You are though. I am your favorite." I said and he tilted his head not showing any emotion. "C'mon, you know I am." I said nudging his shoulder and he cracked a smirk. I almost died.

"Oh my god, is Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner, smirking at me!?" I said sarcastically and he turned me around and pushed me out of the room. "Go get ready." He said and and laughed going to grab my bag.

RCMP Headquarters, WINDSOR, Ontario, Canada.

"Dave." A man said and walked up to Rossi and ROssi smiled grabbing his hand. "Jeff" He said and they shook hands. "Jeff Bedwell, Agents Aaron Hotchner, Adeleine Van Der Bilt, Spencer Reid, Jennifer Jareau, and Hadley LaMontagne." He said introducing us and he smiled. "Thanks for being here. I've got a victim board and timelines set up on monitors in the conference room. Anything you need you've got the run of the place." He said walking us into their briefing room.