Newt imagine

This imagine was requested by newtmyworld. —————————————————–——

Your POV:

Today was the day you and your friends would go to your boyfriend's basketball game. Despite his physical features, Newt was actually really good and strong against the other basketball players. You have already seen some of his skills while he trained alone but you never went to one of his games. And now, the whole group was going to support him at the gym.

"Are you excited, Evie?" Theresa asks, smilling.

"Hell yeah I am!!!" You say, laughing. "I'm just waiting for the rest of the guys to get ready."

As soon as you end that sentence, Minho and Thomas come into the house, chanting Newt's name, followed by Frypan, Gally, Chuck and Alby.

"Are you ready, girls?" Minho asks, putting each arm around you and Theresa.

"I have to go dress something else but I'll come down soon and we can leave!" You hurry up the stairs and dress one of his old jerseys. "It still smells like him" you smile to yourself and run down the stairs.

"So, hop on the van, kids." Alby said, opening the back doors and entering the driver sit.

Frypan sat on the passenger sit and all the others moved to the back, all excited and singing through the trip.

Newt's POV:

"I hope you all have your game mindset ready! This is no training and no easy game. There is no room for distractions on that court! So go and play some basketball like I taught you!!!" Coach yells, making everybody from the team get up and yell our chanting before running into the court.

I was a little nervous, I'm not gonna lie... Evie was coming to see my game and so were some of our friends... And, like coach said, this was no easy game. I hope I can do my best out there.

Your POV:

You arrived at the gym and headed inside, choosing your sits almost next to the side line.

"This is going to be craaaaazy! Basketball games are so hyped up!" Thomas seems really excited.

"And it's not any basketball game. It's our bestfriend's basketball game, so duh. Are we gonna yell? Damn right we will" Minho continues, as excited as Thomas.

You and Theresa looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

"I can see that I'll need to babysit you two" Gally rolls his eyes smilling.

"Look! He's warming up!!!"

You look at the court and see your boyfriend sinking some buckets, one after another. You gazed at him and noticed the sweat dripping from his muscles, his focus on what he had to do and on how good he looked in that outfit.

"He's already all yours, Evie. You don't have to be daydreaming that hard" Minho said, smirking.

"Shut up, slinthead." You pushed him, blushing.

Newt's POV:

The warmup is over, the clock ran out and we went to sit on the bench. I manage to look at the stands and gaze at Evie who was blushing like hell and hitting Minho. I chuckle and look at how beautiful she is with my old jersey on, there to support me, with my closest friends.

"Earth to Newt! Hope you move your eyes to the real game instead of some pretty girl. You're on the starting lineup, let's go go go!!!" Coach yells at me and I stand up and run behind my other teammates to greet the referees and the opponents.

I stand in the middle of the court, waiting for the referee to blow the whistle and wink at Evie that smiles right back.

The game had started.

Your POV:

The ball was thrown into the air and your team, I mean, Newt's team, that you were cheering for, won the ball. They passed the ball to Newt who organized their play while dribling and protecting the ball from his defensor. He was so shucking focused on the game, a serious face on, giving orders to the other ones, that he was even hotter than normal. You were completely drooling over your boyfriend as he passes the ball, drives to the basket and scores with an hard foul.

"Shank, that's a foul!!! Watch it" Yells Gally to the opponent, making your group wide your eyes at him defending Newt and making you laugh.

Newt goes to the free throw line, shaking his wet hair from his face and focusing only on the basket in front of him.

Newt's POV:

My limp was hurting like hell because of that bloody idiot. But I decided to play it off. I don't want to make Evie worried and neither want to sit on the bench the entire game. I can handle this. I took a deep breath and focused on the basket in front of me. Took three dribles, felt the ball in my hand and at last, shot my shot. The ball goes in, only net. We were winning. I smirk and sprint to the defense, biting my lip to hide the pain in my leg.

Time skip...

Your POV:

The game was really good, such adrenaline running through your veins. Newt's team was winning but it was really tied. The other team was too physical and it seemed like Newt wasn't handling that very well. You looked at him, he was exhausted. And you could sense that he was in pain by some of his expressions.

"Newt is really outplaying himself today" Theresa said, next to a hyped Thomas and Minho.

"I know right? But something feels off about him...."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look at him. He's in pain. And he started limping again" you look at him again and he's panting and tired. The game was almost over but he wouldn't leave the court.

Newt's POV:

"Newt! Come here right now!!!" Coach yelled and I tried to run to him as fast as I could.

"What's wrong with you, boy?" He put a hand on my shoulder but not on a caring way.

"I think that mothershucking son of a griever brought back an old wound of mine" I say, frustrated.

"If you can't make the last play, you come to the bench. It's your decision." He says, disappointed.

"Tell us about the play." I say, determined.

Coach calls a timeout and all of us gather together.

Your POV:

This was the last play. The players sat down to rest a bit and know what they had to do. You were hoping that Newt sat on the bench but he stands up like the others and runs to the court. The ball is yours and Newt is the one passing it.

The crowd went silent as the ball enters the court. Newt passes to the center and runs to the other side of the 3-point line. His defensor stood behind with the ball and the center passed the ball again to Newt that shot a triple right before the clock ran out.

Everyone held their breaths as the ball slowly touched the net, making everyone jump and scream in victory. You were so happy but then you noticed Newt sitting on the ground, smiling weakly. You left your group and ran to the court.

"Newt? How are you feeling?" You ask worried as you kneel at his side.

"Evie? Oh love, I'm fine, I swear. We won" He smiles at you tiredly.

"How's your limp?" You ask quietly.

"You noticed?..." He asks sadly.

"I'm sorry but we should go check that out..." You help him up and let him put his arm around you for support.

"Thanks for coming and supporting me, you're the best" he makes you stop, puts himself in front of you and kisses you passionately, both hands on your cheeks.

You smile a lot and hug him "I love you too" you say winking and laughing.
———————————————————–
Hope you liked it! 😉

Catherine ❤️❤️