Part 11

Jimin's POV

"Thank you," I placed a mug of coffee on the table, attracting the attention of the young man who was playing with Minji.

I felt indebted to the protection I got earlier and invited the man in for a coffee. Minji was delighted by the idea too much that she managed to cling to the male the whole time since Jungkook entered the house. Plus, she kept on calling her 'papa' even after I told her not to.

I apologized again for the girl's behavior but Jungkook just brushed it off, and even offered himself to take care of the girl and gave me the time to change into a better - more proper outfit.

"Don't worry about it. Are your neighbors disturbing you?" he took a sip and turned his attention towards me. I just observed Minji as she crawled into Jungkook's lap as the man focused on me.

Please don't tell me that she's going to fell for looks.

I didn't want my girl to choose looks over attitude. I wasn't saying that the man in front of me was a bad guy, but we literally know nothing about him.

But wait.

Did I just invite a stranger into our home?

Am I also enchanted by his looks?

"Jimin?" the man with good look called, and I blinked furiously to remove the thoughts running through my mind.

"Ah, no. He's one of the friends of the actual tenants. The boys are kind. But why did you look for Yoongi hyung on Saturday morning like this?" I asked, wanting to know the purpose of his visit. Maybe I could rely the message to the wanted guy through phone calls with Hoseok later.

"He was supposed to attend a dinner on my behalf tonight, but I guessed that slipped my mind when I gave him permission for a week leave," he answered without hesitancy, telling me his reason.

"Oh," I had no other comeback for his answer, so I just turned my attention to the hot drink in my hand.

"I'm not pushing my responsibility to the man, it's just that Yoongi hyung already has his Hobi for the dinner so it's easier for him to go instead of me," he further explained, and various thoughts ran through my head again.

Did he have no partner?

No way a guy as dashing as him wouldn't have a partner.

However, I wouldn't ask him the question since it's not very appropriate considering that would be quite a private question for a stranger to ask.

"I've heard about the dinner from them sometimes, and it sounds fun" I opted for a safe statement instead, that I've concluded from Hoseok's stories about the said dinner.

"I guess it's fun for some people, but not so much on my part," he sounded tired as he took another sip from the mug.

I just looked at the man questioning his statement, and he flashed me a soft smile that didn't reached his eyes.

"My parents never stop finding me a partner throughout the dinner. They'd always try to match me with some of their friend's sons or daughters, and it gets more and more suffocating through time," he told, and I was surprised that he would share something like this with me.

I mean, we only met twice.

I wouldn't tell this much to someone who I didn't know.

"Minji can go with Papa," my daughter suddenly chirped in and we both turned to look at her.

I chuckled at her innocent suggestion and reached out my hand to brush her hair that had fell to the front of her eyes.

"We can't –"

"That's a good idea," Jungkook cut me off from completing my sentence and I stared incredulously at the man who's still holding my daughter on his lap.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows at Jungkook who had his eyes twinkled brightly, looking obvious that there's an absurd idea going on in his head.

"She can attend the dinner, with you being my partner, that is"