Part 12

Jimin's POV

"I'm sorry, but what?" I questioned back, not believing my ears at the sudden invitation.

"Would you like to be my dinner date for tonight?"

"Mama, can we go? I want to go, please?" Minji chirped in again, and I was lost for a second.

Oh god, this is ridiculous.

Why would I agree to go out as his date when I didn't even know this guy other than his name and that he was Min Yoongi's boss?

I couldn't say no to Minji.

Not when she looked at me with those eyes, which was eerily similar to the man who was currently cradling her.

However, I had promised myself that I wouldn't spoil her too much and this was one of those times that I had to be strict on her.

"Minji baby, can you please play with Mang and Shooky for a second, mama needs to talk to Mr. Jeon," I asked gentle, but Minji understood the tone expertly.

She pouted a little, but eventually walked slowly to her playroom after giving one last hug to the man.

"Excuse me, Mr. Jeon, sir –" I started as soon as Minji was out from our sight, wanting to quickly oppose to the idea.

"Jungkook. Just call me Jungkook please,"

"Alright, Jungkook. I don't think I can accept your offer," I rejected honestly, feeling no need to lace my words with excuses or reasons as of why I should reject the man. He should have already known the reason behind my rejection.

It was weird enough that this guy who was supposed to be a young genius had accepted Minji's idea, and it would be even weirder if I were to accept his offer as well.

"Right, of course"

"I'm sorry,"

"Oh, no no no. I'm the one who's supposed to say sorry. Even I would reject a stranger's sudden invitation to a dinner. I guess I'm just dreading going to the dinner alone too much and that's why I didn't think far enough before asking you," he apologized, seeming very flustered at his own doings with a small tint of pink on both his cheeks, and I cracked a smile at his demeanor.

It was quite cute to be honest.

For once I didn't feel intimidated by the muscle man. It's not that I was scared of him, it was just that I felt so small against someone who was so successful, so confident, and appeared so strong like the man he was.

"It's okay," I assured the guy, flashing him a soft understanding smile.

"I should get going," he said after he took the last sip of his coffee.

"Sure, I'll walk you to the door,"

He stood up from his seat and we walked to the front door, but I realized that he seemed to be contemplating to ask me about something as he put on his shoes.

"Yes?" I asked as he looked into my eyes, and he flashed an awkward smile which didn't affect his handsome face at all.

"Uh, I was just wondering if I can see your daughter before I leave," he questioned with hesitant voice.

It made me put up my guard a little at his request but figured that I should let Minji know about the man's leave as well. From how attached she was earlier, I predicted that she'll cry a lot if the man left without saying goodbye to her.

"I'll get her, please wait here for a second," politely informing the guy, I quickly retreated to the playroom and walked back with my daughter in my arms.

"Papa, are you leaving? Mama, we can't go dinner with papa?" she asked sadly with teary eyes as she spotted Jungkook already at the front door.

"I suddenly got work to do, Minji. I'm sorry," Jungkook talked to the girl, and Minji surprisingly took the news very easily as she wiped her tears before it managed to fall on her cheeks.

"Okay, papa. But you'll come to our house again, right?" her sudden question stunned both of us, and Jungkook looked at me for a second before looking back to Minji.

"Maybe I will," he smiled softly to the girl as he answered her question.

"Promise?" she asked as she brought out her small pinky, and Jungkook linked his own pinky without hesitation with the girl.

"Promise,"