Part 18

Jimin's POV

"Mama, let's go to dinner, please? Minji can call papa for you," my daughter pleaded after Seokjin had finished persuading me to accept the dinner.

We moved and continued our conversation in the living room once Minji came into the kitchen saying that I need look at the castle they had built.

"Do you really want to, honey?" I turned to her, whose hair was now being braided by Haneul's small delicate hands.

"Yes!" she exclaimed excited.

"Alright, baby. We'll go, but you promise to behave yourself, okay?" I gave in this time, knowing that I had saddened her when I declined the dinner yesterday.

"Minji promise, mama! Can we call papa now?" she suggested excitedly, handing me my phone and waited for me to call the guy.

"Uh, I'll just text him - oh who's at the door, Minji?" I was relieved as the doorbell rang that I was able to divert my little girl's attention to something else.

"Haneul, your favorite uncle is here," Namjoon called from the front door and Haneul perked up as he finished tying Minji's hair, and looked to both of us.

"It's Uncle Kookie, Minji! Uncle Minnie, can Minji go with me to get the door?" the boy asked for permission, and I nodded immediately.

"Of course, honey. Be careful," I smiled at the two excited children, wondering who was this Uncle 'Cookie' that Haneul was so fond of.

Did this uncle usually gave them cookies secretly or what?

I walked to the kitchen to help Seokjin with his cooking, and the male turned to me as he felt my presence.

"So, you're going?" he asked, hands skilfully handling the knife as he cut up the veggies.

"I guess so, since Minji wants it so much," handing him a container to fill the already cut vegetables, I rested my hip on the side of marble kitchen island as I looked at him cooking.

"He's a great boy, Jimin. You might want to get to know him more," Seokjin encouraged, and I sighed.

"I don't know, hyung" I spoke out slow, wanting to be understood by the kind male.

"Maybe as friends? He might get awkward with Minji at first, but he likes kids,"

"He wasn't awkward at all, Jin hyung" I informed, thinking that the man was actually comfortable in handling Minji on his own.

"What do you mean?" Seokjin frowned, as my statement seemed foreign to him.

"I guess it was to early to tell, but he looks fine when he played with Minji and all," I told, and his eyes widened with disbelief.

"Oh wow. That's a surprise. I guess I'll see it soon,"

"What do you -" a loud shriek was made by Minji and I quickly got out the kitchen to check on the girl.

I was relieved that she was safe as I heard her giggling, but I was also surprised finding her being carried in the arms of the same man I just talked about with Seokjin a second ago.

"Mama, papa's here!" Minji saw me first and decided to yell through the whole house, making all heads turned to us three. Even Seokjin was amused even though he had already heard Minji calling the male 'papa' during our conversation before.

"Hi, I guess we meet again. Although you might not like it," he added the last sentence awkwardly, probably assuming that I had rejected his offer due to the lack of reply to his message from my part.

"Oh no, I was just about to say yes to your dinner plan," I uttered out, not wanting to be misunderstood by the man.

"You do?" Jungkook's eyes lighted up as he flashed a sincere smile.

"We do. Minji has been pushing me to accept your invitation since she knows about it," I looked at the girl who just grinned at the male, and he turned to look at the little girl as well.

"Thank you for accepting my offer, little princess," the girl squealed as Jungkook pinched her cheek playfully with his free hand.

"Thank you for inviting us for dinner, papa" she grinned cutely as she stared at Jungkook with her wide orbs, and the male mirrored her expression, accompanied with a wide bunny smile on his face.

And the smile only beamed brighter, as Minji left a peck on the man's cheek before she giggled happily.