Part 25

Jimin's POV

"He's an idiot," Yoongi blurted as soon as I opened the door for him, and I chuckled at his blunt word for his boss.

"Come on in, hyung" I invited, stepping away from the door to give way for him to get in.

"Where's Minji?" Yoongi immediately asked when he was not greeted by the girl like usual.

"I just wanted to be alone to think it all through. So, I ask Seokjin hyung to allow Minji for a sleepover," I informed with a small smile, and the older just nodded understanding.

He followed me into the living room and I served him a hot coffee that was just prepared as he informed his visit five minutes ago.

"Okay now, do you want to tell me why you refuse Jungkook? I mean, he's stupid, but I know that's not the only reason you reject him," he asked straight to the point, and I did what I wanted to do.

Told him the truth.

"Hyung, I'm afraid,"

I started telling everything about my past to Yoongi. He sat there and listened quietly throughout my story, and I felt lighter that he now knew why I pushed the young alpha from my life.

"You see, Jimin. I'm not saying that you're wrong to feel afraid. It's our nature to feel emotions and acted upon it, I do too. But, Jungkook is not totally wrong," he gave his opinion once I finished telling him everything.

"About me not giving enough love to Minji?" I asked.

"Not that, you idiot. You give more love than anyone could ever give to his child, Jimin. That's how she could grow up so beautifully like she is today," Yoongi spoke out soft, ruffling my hair warmly like a brother would.

"Thank you for saying that, hyung" I felt grateful, and smiled to the man sitting beside me.

"But what happens if you're no longer by her side, Jimin?" he asked, making me stared into his eyes with a slight frown on my eyebrows.

"I'd never leave her, hyung. That's why I didn't want to have any other commitment other than her. I didn't want to leave Minji alone if I were too attach to another person," I defended.

"I know you won't leave her voluntarily, Jimin. I'm talking about the unpredicted. What if you die? Who'll Minji depend on if she's left alone in this world before she is able to stand on her own feet? Seokjin and Namjoon? Hoseok? Me?" he asked rationally, and I knew he was right.

Even though I made sure I lived a healthy life, there'd always be possibilities of unfortunate accidents to happen.

And if it did happen to me, I had no doubt that they'll look out for my Minji.

But would she feel the sense of belonging when she live with them?

She would need someone as her anchor. The one she can truely depend on.

Jungkook knew he was that anchor. And he offered himself to be there for her.

"I know that you're right, but I'm still uncertain, Yoongi hyung" I whispered, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"It's okay to take baby steps, Jimin. I'm not saying that you have to let Jungkook into your life hundred percent. Slowly. At your own pace," he advised, and I looked into the hooded eyes of the omega.

"But what if I was too into him?" I pouted, worried of that possible occurrence.

"You're already falling for him, aren't you?" smiling knowingly, Yoongi asked as he took another sip of his coffee.

"I- Yes, I am" I slumped into the couch, covering my slightly heated cheeks.

"That's great, Jimin. I'm happy for you," Yoongi showed his gummy smile.

"Really?" my pout stayed, still worried.

"Don't worry, Jimin. I can assure you, Jungkook doesn't mean harm. He's that trustable. And you know I don't trust people easily," Yoongi also laid his back on the couch, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What if he changes his mind? He's still young, and to tie himself to a person with daughter like me, it might overwhelm him,"

"She's his daughter too. And believe me, if he dare hurt Minji and you, he'll be facing me," Yoongi said confidently.

"Thank you, Yoongi hyung"

"No problem,"