Part 26

Jungkook's POV

I was sitting in my car as I stared at the black screen of my phone and jumped right at it when it lit.

'Call him'

Two words from Yoongi, and I quickly ran out to the apartment of my love interest.

As I reached his floor, Yoongi just got out from Jimin’s house and he threw me an incredulous look before he just shook his head.

"You shithead. What if I decided to talk to him tomorrow? Will you wait for the whole night?" he scolded and I just smiled sheepishly.

"I know you won't disappoint me, hyung" i tried acting cute, but of course, Yoongi didn't react at all.

"Whatever, I've done my part. Settle the rest by yourself," he stared at me with half-lidded eyes, seeming done for the day. It's already late at night after all.

"Thanks, hyung"

He shrugged his shoulder and turned to enter his house without bidding goodbye.

I took a deep breath before ringing the bell, and waited for the pretty male to open up the door.

"Did you forget something, h- Jungkook?" his pretty voice was heard first and I was breathtaken again when I saw the pretty Jimin at the door.

"I'm stupid and I'm sorry," I blurted out, taking the male by surprise at both my appearance and apology.

"Do you want to come in?" it took a while for Jimin to react, but he finally invited me in with his soothing voice.

"Yes, please"

Jimin stepped aside and I entered the warm and cozy house of the male that I had frequently visited now.

"Do you mind having coffee? Yoongi hyung just visited and I still have a lot of coffee," Jimin sounded almost nervous as he asked.

It did feel a little bit awkward to talk to each other after we just had our first argument only this morning.

"It'd be great, thank you" I tried to calm my heart the best I could, so that I'd be able to have a better talk with him and go home with lighter heart today.

"Please, have a seat," he gestured to the couch and I took another deep breath as Jimin walked into the kitchen.

He came back and I loved how his fingers brushed mine as he passed the mug to me. We were silent for a few moments, but this time it was comfortable silence.

"I talked to Yoongi hyung about us, and I'll give you a chance. To be with us," Jimin started slow, but his voice reached my ear nevertheless, and I looked at him.

"Really? Do you really mean it?" I asked, hoping that my ears didn't deceive me.

"Yes. I was wrong to not give you a chance at all and I'm sorry. It's just that I have been living only for Minji and myself for too long. Letting someone new into our lives is out of my comfort zone," Jimin scratched his nape, as he looked down on his feet.

I mustered the whole courage from within my body to scoot closer to Jimin, and shakily lifted his chin gently to look into those pretty eyes of his.

Those eyes of his slowly fluttered and I felt like being strucked by an arrow straight in the heart as the pair of beautiful orbs met mine.

Man, Jimin’s gorgeous.

"I'm really sorry for my words this morning. I wasn't thinking. You have been the best father to Minji, the best anyone could ask for, and I promise you I'll do my best to be your support," I apologized, hoping that he'd feel my sincerity.

Jimin shied away from the intense stare, and he looked down to his lap again. I took the opportunity to hold his hand, and cheered in my head silently as he didn't push me away.

"Don't support me, support Minji. That's all I ask for if you want to be by our side. I want the best for Minji, and with you, maybe she could achieve more than I could ever give to her," Jimin spoke soft.

"Of course, I'll be her support through and through, Jimin," I said to the smaller male, giving his hand a small squeeze.

I was appreciating the warmth of his hands when suddenly Jimin slowly pulled them away from mine.

"I'm sorry," he apologized, and I panicked a little in my head.

Did he change his mind?