Part 19

Jungkook's POV

"Uncle Kookie, where's the milk I ask for?" Haneul asked as I was seated on the floor, helping Minji build another castle using the heap of Lego blocks as she stayed on my lap.

"I do have it, and thanks to you, I remembered to buy banana milk for myself too," I brushed the boy's hair, removing some from his eyes.

"That's not for you, it's for Minji," the boy frowned at me, and I raised one of my eyebrows in question as I looked at the girl on my lap.

"Minji likes banana milk too? Oh no, I only bought one," I told the girl, just to see her reaction even though I bought many of them for the kids.

"It's okay, papa. We can share if you want," she simply said with a smile, not being selfish at all for her age.

"You don't mind sharing?" I raised both my eyebrows now, widening my eyes a little to give reaction to the girl.

"No, I always share food with mama because it was more fun eating together" her cheerful voice rang excitedly, making all the boys turned their head to the only flower in the living room.

Seojun just got up from his nap a few minutes ago and the boy was still trying to get himself fully awake. He just opted to lie down his head on Namjoon's lap and watched us playing while waiting for lunch to be ready.

"Is that so?"

"Yes! Minji feels lonely when eating separately with mama at restaurants. Mama sits so far and Minji don't like it," she pouted a little as she shared the info with me.

"What about our dinner then?" I asked, wanting to know what the little girl toughts.

"It's okay, because Minji can spend time with papa. It's always only mama and Minji," she said as she connected two yellow blocks in her hands, and somehow my heart hurts a little at her last statement.

"Do you want to share food with me when we eat dinner later?" I threw the idea out, surprising myself, which I was sure had surprised Namjoon who was sitting quietly in front of me.

"Can Minji do that?" her eyes sparkled with hope, and I nodded without a second thought or any hesitancy.

"Of course, but you have to sit with me though. Mama will have different plate," I informed the girl, not wanting her to think that all three of us will share the same plate.

It would be really uncomfortable for Jimin.

Plus, the awkwardness.

Oh gosh, I didn't want this to be the last dinner between the father and daughter.

"Mama can't share?" Minji pouted sadly, and I quickly thought of idea to make her feel better.

"Hmm, if mama share, we might not have enough. But if mama have another plate, we can have a lot more food for all of us,"

"Oh, 'kay. Minji want to eat a lot with papa," she took a second before giving her answer, and patted her tummy with her bunny smile now back on display. I was proud of myself for being able to come out with the logical excuse.

"Even after we eat all the food Uncle Jinnie is cooking right now?" I questioned, just to get a reaction from the girl.

"Yes!" she answered confidently and I couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh at her bright answer.

"Me too! I guess both of us have big tummy, Minji. Does mama eats a lot too?" I tried asking, wanting to know more about the girl's mama.

"Hmm, mama can't eat a lot. Uncle Hobi and Uncle Yooni always have to help me finish breakfast if mama cook too many," she tattled cutely.

I was about to ask more, but then Seokjin had shouted about lunch being ready and all of us gathered at the dining table in a second.

The lunch was merry, but I couldn't wait for dinner.