Part 14

Jimin’s POV

"Mama, we got a message," Minji entered the kitchen and I glanced at her who was holding my phone in her hand.

"Who is it baby, can you read the letters one by one for mama?" I asked for my daughter to read out the alphabets that she just learned, as I was busy with the pan.

"It has no letters mama. Only numbers," she informed, and I frowned a little as I placed the filling on the omelet.

Scam?

"Hmm, can you please place the phone on the table first, baby? Mama will finish this quickly," I asked her, eyes still focusing not to burn the egg.

"Okay, mama. Can Minji go play with Shooky now?" she obeyed quickly, and I saw her placing the phone carefully on the dining table.

"Of course, baby. Thank you," I thanked my daughter, flashing a quick smile to her way.

"You're welcome!" she chirped cheerfully, and I heard her fast small steps back to the living room.

I finished up folding the omelet and served it in the big plate, for Minji and I to share later. After I placed the pan inside the sink, I opened the message Minji notified me.

'Hi, this is Jungkook from yesterday. I have asked for your number from Yoongi hyung and I'd like to fulfill my promise to Minji later today. Can I stop by your house and take you both out for dinner?'

How brave of him to tell me how he got my number and asked me out for dinner in just one text.

And I didn't expect Yoongi to give my number to his boss easily just like this. But maybe he had his reasons.

Maybe this Jeon guy was a bad boss who used his power to oppress his employees?

Should I reject?

Leaving his message on read for now, I called for my daughter for breakfast first.

After the hearty share of breakfast, Minji went to play in her playroom, wanting to complete a set of puzzles I just bought for her last week.

I followed behind her after cleaning up the kitchen, taking a seat beside Minji and helped her sometimes when she was stuck with the puzzle.

I called up Seokjin to ask for his opinion, not wanting to disturb my neighbor couple who were on their vacation.

"Hello, Uncle Minnie. This is Seojun!" an excited voice greeted me from the other line and I cracked a wide smile as I heard the boy's greeting.

"Seojunie? Good morning!"

"Good morning, uncle. Do you want to speak with Jinnie appa?"

"Yes, can you please pass the phone to him?"

"Jinnie appa is in the bath right now, but Joonie appa is here. Do you want to talk to him instead?" the boy informed and I used a little bit of time before deciding just to go for it.

Namjoon wasn't really a bad choice in asking for advice.

He was a very wise man.

"Sure, please give it to him. Thank you,"

"Alright, uncle. Appa, Uncle Jiminie" I heard his voice moving further away and soon a few rustles were heard before Namjoon took over the phone.

"Morning, Jimin" Namjoon greeted and I could imagine his dimple smile he wore as he greeted me.

"Morning, hyung. I hope I didn't disturb your time with your family?" I asked, knowing how much of a family man the guy was.

"Not at all. You're family as well, Jimin. Is there any problem?" he asked kindly, his warm voice making me smile as well.

"No, not at all. Both Minji and I are well. I just wanted to ask for your opinion, or advice," I started, wanting to know his thoughts on the topic.

"About?"

"Uhmm, I got invited out for a dinner from Yoongi hyung's boss and I don't know if I should accept it or not," I told him straight.

"Min Yoongi's boss? You mean Jungkook?!" the sudden increase in volume as Namjoon shouted shocked me, and I pulled away the phone from my ears a few distance away.

Namjoon knows Jungkook?