Five|eviF

~+~Edited~+~

Jerome's POV

Mitch and I threw a frisbee back and forth. Adam had walked home a little while ago, saying he had to record. Bethy was asleep in a chair by our stuff. She sleeps a lot...

I felt something hit me in the side of the head then Mitch bust out laughing. "Pay attention next time ya dirty stinkin' Bacca!" he said between laughs.

I narrowed my eyes at him as picked the frisbee up and threw it back at him. "Oh please, I let you hit me with it?"

"Sure..." he said sarcastically, then threw it my way again. "What were you thinking about anyway?"

"Life," I answered stubbornly.

He laughed. "You sound just like Eliz." he commented.

"How do I sound like Bethy?!" I asked, completely confused. Does she just think about life a lot?

His face fell a little but recovered quickly. "You just do," he shrugged, "You ready to head home? It'll be dark soon."

"Yeah sure," I shrugged and threw the frisbee over by Beth.

"Eliz-" Mitch started to say.

"Mitch! Don't wake her up!" I scolded.

"How are we gonna get her back to the house then?"

I stared at him with an open mouth. "Have you no mercy!" I exclaimed. "Carry your sleeping sister home stupid!"

"Oi! No, she has feet," he said then paused. "You carry her" Mitch said.

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach but it passed. "Fine," I muttered, even though on the inside I still felt kinda strange. I walked over to Beth and picked her up bridal style.

Mitch stared at me then laughed. I noticed something though, Elizabeth weighed almost nothing.

"Have you been feeding your sister?" I asked seriously.

He laughed. "Yeah"

"I'm being serious" I stated and Mitch stopped laughing. "Mitch your sister weighs almost nothing!" I exclaimed.

Mitch stopped everything and stared at me before looking away, "She's never weighed anything Jerome. That's just her form." he shrugged.

"Okay.." I said still slightly alarmed. Mitch grabbed the towels we had brought, he put one that wasn't too wet around Elizabeth who was still asleep in my arms.

"What's that for?" I asked referring to the towel.

"Jerome you are not carrying her around LA while she's only in a bikini" he said seriously.

"So protective," I said with a light laugh.

"You don't know the half of it." he seriously then laughed it off. I laughed uneasy with him.

He's really different. He's not as carefree as he was, he felt more.. guarded, especially when it came to Bethy.

We stayed quiet walking the rest of the way to the sidewalk. I finally spoke up again, "So how long is Bethy staying here?"

He stopped for a second, "What do you mean?"

"Well I assumed she was just visiting.." I trailed off.

"She'll be here as long as I am." He said lowly, "We've been living together for a while now."

"Why?" I asked. "I mean when you two were kids you loved each other, but couldn't stand each other" I mentioned.

"A lot happened in those ten years Jerome" he said looking at Elizabeth then away. "A hell of a lot happened."

____

-Z

-edited by brianna-