Twenty-Four|ruoF-ytnewT

~+~Edited~+~

Elizabeth's POV

We came back to the house after we went and got subway. I brought Jerome back a coke because I'm just that nice, and kinda because I felt bad but that's not the point.

I ran upstairs and knocked on Jerome's door before opening it. "Hey Bethy" he said putting his headphones around his neck.

"Hey J" I smiled and put his coke on the table. He looked at me confused.

"You were at subway for an hour and a half.." He said, I froze.

"We drove around for a while, that's all" I lied straight through my teeth. I hated it, but I had too.

"Okay.." he said putting his headphones back on while I left the room. I sighed and walked downstairs and outside.

I've never really been out here, mainly cause it's September and cold. I stood out for a while. I don't know how long, but long enough for Adam to come outside and check on me.

"What are you doing its cold" he said standing by me. {I am aware they live in LA just sit down and shut up its a book, Luv u}

"Thinking, just thinking.." I muttered.

"About.." He pressed on.

"Jerome and lying to him.." I said looking at my feet that were suddenly very interesting.

"If you don't want to lie then tell him the truth" he suggested, "why don't you just tell him anyway?"

"Because... I remember how Mitch was when my parents told him.. it was terrible. I don't want that to happen to Jerome.." I said sadly.

"Well.. what happens if you... drop.. and you never told him" he mentioned, I sighed.

"I don't know... I shouldn't, drop, any time really soon. They normally can tell within two months of when you drop" I explained, he nodded.

"What did Mitch do exactly.." he asked.

"He was just... really messed up you know? Didn't want to do anything, or go anywhere without me, never left my side" I said smiling slightly, "I didn't mind, but I didn't like taking away from his life.."

"Isn't he like that now?" He asked chuckling.

I laughed, "a little, he was a lot worse before, and just... he didn't live his life for two years, he just watched me die slowly.." I shook my head, not liking the thought, "I just don't want Jerome to end up that way"

"What if he doesn't end up that way?" Adam asked.

"You saw how you reacted, how Ian, Jason, Ty.. you didn't even know me really, but you hugged me and comforted me.." I explained, "but Jerome? He's known me for thirteen years... just.. no.."

"I understand" he nodded, "now come on, its cold and your not supposed to be out here anyway"

"Oh look who's protective now" I smirked, he rolled his eyes smiling.

"Whaaaatever" he mutter opening the door and closing it behind us.

_____

Adam <3

-REL