Thirty-ytrihT

~+~Edited~+~

Elizabeth's POV

"Elizabeth what's going on your scaring me" Jerome said from behind me as I walked, I was hoping to find a park but I didn't see one.

"Elizabeth" he said turning me around to face him, his hands on my shoulders, "talk to me, say something" he pleaded.

"Jerome... I have Savination" I said quietly. His hands fell limp on my shoulders.

"You.. what.." he asked, his eyes filling with tears.

"I have a deathly disease" I said my voice cracking harshly.

"When.. when did.."

"ten years ago" I said quietly, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I cried.

He pulled me into a tight hug, "it's okay, you're telling me now.." He whispered then paused, "does this mean.."

I pulled away and looked up at him, I felt a tear run down my face as I nodded. "oh my god" he said finally letting tears fall from his eyes, he turned around an walked in a small circle with his hands in his hair.

I felt guilt wash over me, he loves me. I have to leave him soon, leave him alone with nothing but a gravestone that says '10 year survivor of Savination' and false hope.

"I'm sorry Jerome" I cried, he stopped walking, allowing me to fall into his arms, "I'm so so sorry"

"I don't need an apology, I need you" he whispered, I looked up at him, his red eyes and saddened smiled, "I love you Elizabeth" he whispered and kissed my forehead, "never forget that"

"I love you too" I smiled.

"Let's go back to the hotel. I don't want to go back to the convention really" he said, I nodded and followed him back to the hotel.

'Hey, brother. There's an endless road to rediscover-'

I answered my phone while walking with Jerome. "yeah?" I asked.

"What happened... how did he take it?" He asked softly, "I am so sorry Elizabeth I didn't-"

"I know Mitch.. and we're both fine, I don't know... we are heading back to the hotel. Love you"

"Love you too, be careful" he said and I hung up.

Once we got to the hotel room we both sat down on the couch while he turned on the TV. He put his arm around me while I snuggled closer to him.

"Hey Elizabeth?" He asked, "about how much longer do I have with you?"

I sighed and shook my head, "I don't really know" I said, "less than a year..."

"Wow" he sighed, "that's... that.."

"I know" I sighed, "I'm sorry Jerome"

"Why are you sorry?" He asked softly.

"I can't give you a life... I can't-" I broke off into tears, he pulled me closer and into a hug.

"Shhh" he cooed, "I love you and that's all that matters" he whispered into my hair, "everything works out in the end"

____

-REL