Nine|eniN

~+~Edited~+~

Elizabeth's POV

"Iza?" I heard a knock on my door and it woke me up. I groaned and turned over, "Can I come in?"

"What is it Adam?" I asked knowing it was him, via the nickname.

"I need to talk to you" he said softly. I was utterly confused at this point.

"Yeah, come on in" I said sitting up in my bed to face him. Adam walked in and shut the door behind him, he looked at me, his face mixed with fear, sorrow, and so many things it was hard to understand, "Adam what's wrong.."

"What's this?" He asked holding up a little blue prescription bottle with a white lid. I looked at him confused, "your name is on it Elizabeth.." he whispered.

I froze.

"It came in today in the mail. I thought it was just one of the guys, I was gonna take it to 'em'" he explained the rest.

"Oh, well thank you" I smiled and stood up to take the bottle but something stopped me. The fact he didn't smile back.

"Elizabeth it says what it's for on the bottle" he stated, I looked down, "do you really have Savination?" He asked.

"Yes.."

"Elizabeth" he whispered and basically tackled me into a hug. This is the thing about deadly diseases, it doesn't matter how well you know the person who is dying from it. You feel like you've known them forever. "Why didn't you say anything" he asked pulling away.

"I didn't wanna upset anyone.." I said slowly, "I know my fate.. I just didn't want anyone else to.."

"Mitch knows doesn't he?" He asked, I nodded, "is that why you came? You needed someone?"

"Kind of.. I honestly hadn't seen Jerome in ten years, so that's the main reason" I said quietly. He nodded.

"Do you know how.. Umm.. Long you.."

"No. I don't, not yet anyways" I smiled sadly. He nodded and hugged me again.

"We're all here for you Elizabeth." he said, I nodded as he handed me the bottle and left the room. I sighed and fell back onto my bed.

Why does my life have to be so complicated.

-

"Oh Jerome!" Mitch yelled from downstairs, "lets go biggums!"

I laughed and walked downstairs to see Jerome and Mitch standing at the doorway. "Come on Elizabeth" Mitch told me, I groaned. Mitch and Jerome were going out to have some 'guy time' aka go bowling and to 18+ club. Meaning I would get to sit in the car. Then I remembered something.

"I can stay here" I shrugged, Mitch gave me a look, the 'are you kidding me child' look, "i'll be fine Mitch"

"Elizabeth no one will be here besides you. Everyone is going places" Mitch explained.

"She can't stay home on her own?" Jerome asked confused, Mitch ignored him while I made an 'I know right' face at Jerome. He laughed and looked away.

"Elizabeth just come on.."

"I'll stay with her" Adam volunteered, "I don't mind" he shrugged. I smiled and silently thanked him 1,o00 times.

"But-"

"Mitch just go have Benja and bacca time please!" I exclaimed, he rolled his eyes.

"Fine fine. If anything happens call me"

"Mitch nothing is gonna happen in two hours, lets go" Jerome said grabbing Mitch's arm and pulling him out door.

I laughed and waved as the door shut behind them. "Adam you are a lifesaver" I thanked him.

"No Problemo, I had to record anyways" he shrugged, I smiled and told him to have fun before laying on the couch, watching TV.

______

So Adam knows now.. good or bad?

-REL