September

~+~Edited~+~

Song is September by Daughtry.

~~~
How the time passed away, all the trouble that we gave.

"No way.." Jerome said whipping around and starring at Me, "Bethy!" Jerome basically yelled before picking me up and spinning around.

All those days we spent out by the lake.

I sat down with Elizabeth on the shore. "You know, we haven't really hung out one on one for a long time..." she mentioned.

"Ten years.." I trailed off, we both went silent. Elizabeth shivered, I took off my jacket and quickly dropped it over her shoulders and put an arm around her. Her head fell onto my shoulder.

Has it all gone to waste, all the promises we made.

"You gotta be kidding me" Elizabeth said, "its raining.."

"And your point?" I asked putting my arms around her waist, she smiled and put her head on my shoulder as the rain continued to fall. I smiled, it was different. It was something I had never really thought about before. It was the happy, the light, the everything, and it was all wrapped into one girl.

One by one they vanish just the same.

"Mitch" I yelled jumping on his back as we all walked to the bowling ally. Mitch and Jerome's hangovers subsided by the next day, so Ian, Adam, Ty, Jerome, Mitch and I all decided to go bowling.

Of the things I still remember, summers never looked the same.

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach but it passed, "fine" I muttered even though on the inside I still felt kinda strange. I walked over to Beth and picked her up bridal style.

The years go by and time just seems fly, but the memories remain.

"I'm just too good at the game" Jerome said in a posh voice, "far too good, far too good sir, far too good"

"You jag" I said punching his arm,he just laughed at me and started walking back over to where Adam was eating

In the middle of September, we still played out in the rain.

I laughed and smiled when it began raining, "we better get home" Jerome said popping his hood up.

He got up and helped me up before looking at me. "you didn't bring a jacket did you?" He asked.

"No, but keep yours" I answered. He looked at me.

"No, your in a short sleeved shirt. No way" he said taking it off and putting it on me, it was oversized as anything but cosy at the same time.

Nothing to lose but everything to gain.

He nodded and hugged me again.

"We're all here for you Elizabeth." he said, I nodded as he handed me the bottle and left the room. I sighed and fell back onto my bed.

Reflecting now on how things could've been, it was worth it in the end.

I smirked, "oh, I owe you eh?" I asked. I quickly picked Bethy up and started running down to the dock yelling 'I owe you?!' Over and over while she screamed and laughed, kicking her feet around.

Now it all seems so clear, there was nothing left to fear.

"I guess not" I sighed, "I don't know if I'll move on, I don't know if I can... I.. I went years on years protecting her, staying with her, watching her... one day it'll all just stop and- and I don't know if I can come back from that" I admitted my eyes slowly starting to water. I took a hand off the wheel and wiped my eyes before placing it back.