Chapter 5 The Journey Begins

Denny's P.O.V

Denny woke up after a long night he couldn't stop thinking of what could have been with him and Jennifer. 'The sooner I get away the better for everyone. Plus after everything I put her through. Do I really deserve her? Denny yawned and stretched out his back legs Then the shiny Glaceon got up. "Mmm, good morning Denny it's pretty early isn't it?" He nodded. "Yeah, well I like to start my day early." she giggled. "Not like Fredrick at all."
"Oh, you don't have to tell me that I know.... it used to annoy me actually I still think it would if..." He trailed off feeling pain in his chest again.
Jennifer looked down. "I'm sorry maybe it's best not to mention him. Are you going now?" Denny nodded. "Yeah, thanks for letting me stay." She followed him as he left the den.."Hey, I know you don't feel comfortable being around me since last night but let me walk with you for just a bit. I think we should talk." Denny felt a little taken aback. "Sure, what is it you want to talk about?"
She nudged him. "First off I know which way he went so follow me." Feeling a bit puzzled he ran after the shiny Glaceon. "Denny, I know you are depressed right now. I can see why but things will start looking up trust me." He looked down at his paws "But I ruined everything I-" she stopped him. "I know it's hard and it may seem impossible but you need to move on to find happiness. You need to stop looking back and start moving forward instead of thinking constantly of what you don't have you need to start thinking of what's left." He was silent for a bit. "I suppose you're right. My brothers and sister are gone and they will never come back." She frowned. "Yeah, well you will get to see them again someday. They probably watch over you every day you know I think maybe you survived for a reason and that's to earn your place with them in the golden forest you need to show Arceus that you are a good Mon." That made Denny feel more hopeful "I will do whatever it takes to keep Anthony safe. I will find the cure for his curse and undo what I did." She nodded then he felt his chest tighten. "Fredrick was very lucky to have you. I see where he got his confidence from." She blushed a bit. "Hey, it's what I do. I couldn't just let him give up and I'm not going to see you give up either." Denny looked at her. "Well, I'm glad I gave you that confidence things will look up."
"Wait do you suppose maybe you could come with me?" She shook her head "I'll be here in my den tell Anthony to come see me again when you're done. you're welcome to stop by again."
Denny frowned "But... he hates me what if he gets mad and thinks I killed him?"
"Just tell him what you told me."
"He won't listen to me... but if you're with me."
She stopped him "You are his father Denny I think you need to do this on your own... and you can I mean you had to put up with me at first."
Denny looked down at his paws and then back at her "Please don't go... I think I need you..."
She shook her head "No.. we talked about this, we can't be together.." He felt his heartache. "I...I know....." he looked down "Aww you're so special There is no Mon in this world like you Jen it hurts I hate myself for loving you I shouldn't have these feelings right now.... but I do."
She moved close to him but kept a few paw steps away. "Hey... don't be like that there are other Mons out there you know." He felt a low growl rumble in his throat. "What? like Jessie? She never loved me. I get maybe it was wrong of me to kill her over the fact she was a shiny but the lies go much further than that."
"Denny heartbreak is just something that happens in life... just because it broke once doesn't mean you should just give up."
"But... my heart is breaking right now again over you..."
"Over one kiss?"
He held her gaze. "I had these feelings... for a while..."
"When you tried to kill me?"
"Honestly.... I think killing you was easier than watching what I can't have for the longest time..."
She looked a bit worried "o...oh.... ok then well I should go." Denny realized he said the wrong thing because she looked scared now.
"Wait... Jen, I don't mean you should die... I'm not like that anymore." She stopped "Denny... you need to learn to just face your problems! you can't just kill to hide from them!."
"I KNOW!"  He took a deep sigh "Look... I'm sorry." She paused "Sorry you just made me a bit nervous there no offence. I get it you would have killed me back there in the den if that's how you still felt... I suppose you are facing your problems right now." He nodded. "watching you walk away right now is harder than you know." She smiled "We'll see each other again." He nodded feeling a tear run down his face. "I... I know that but we still can't be together.." She rolled her eyes "Stop thinking about it then.... look there are a lot of Pokemon in the sea." He raised a brow feeling puzzled. "You think I should go live in the ocean?." She felt frustrated "No that was just an expression... I mean you'll find someone out there is always a mon for someone... Fredrick is my soulmate... yours is out there somewhere you just need to be confident that you'll find her." He nodded. "I suppose you are right.... but I thought I could feel this way about someone else..." She rolled her eyes "Being negative.... not much different from Fredrick." She ran up and hugged him. "Take care alright? I still see you as a good friend you are my brother-in-law." He nodded. "Goodbye Jennifer and thanks again for your help... I promise it won't be awkward when I see you again." She nodded. "let's hope not." Then she padded away and he watched her go. He heaved a heavy sigh. 'Ok, she's gone now. The pain should get better now... I won't see her for a while.
Denny padded on the trail. 'I just need to focus on what's important... like helping my son.