Chapter 8 The Leafeon

Anthony's P.O.V.

Anthony's paws were getting sore as he and Ryker wordlessly followed Denny. Anthony started to feel a bit uneasy the Vaporeon hadn't spoken to either one of them since their encounter with Sparkle. 'What if he hasn't changed? How can I trust him? He lied to me once.
Then Ryker nudged him. "Hey, why don't you try talking to him?" The shiny Umbreon shook his head. "No way! I want nothing to do with him and that's not going to change." Ryker sighed "I know deep down you probably do care about him. He's your father after all." He shook his head in response. "No, Fredrick was. I'll never think of Denny as my father." Then suddenly Denny stopped and Ryker gave him an uneasy glance.
Denny turned around. "I think we should sleep here for the night." Ryker nodded "Sounds good." Anthony let out a tired yawn and went to make himself a bed then Ryker nudged him again.
"What?" He pointed and when Anthony looked he saw Denny walking away looking upset with his tail dragging on the ground behind him. Anthony just shrugged. "So, let him be alone then." He started gathering some moss and made himself a bed Ryker was watching him. Then he made his bed. "So, I hate to be that Mon but I think you should go try talking to him."
Anthony growled "No." Ryker looked frustrated "I feel like there's something I'm missing. Do you wanna talk about it?" Anthony gave him a puzzled look. "Talk about what?"
"Can you please explain to me who Fredrick was and just what Denny did so I can understand better?"Anthony sighed. 'I suppose it would be nice if he knew the story better than he'd understand me. "OK then," Anthony explained how Fredrick was Denny's brother and his uncle, and explained everything that happened.
Ryker looked shocked "Oh, Arceus your whole family is dead? Anthony, I understand you better but. I really think he regrets everything. He's all that's left of your family." Anthony felt a tear roll down his cheek and Ryker hugged him. "I know." He whimpered "But I'm scared what if he betrays me? I can't I won't let it happen again." Ryker nodded with understanding in his purple gaze.
He yawned and lay down in his bed. "Well, good night then we'll see what tomorrow brings."
Anthony closed his eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.

Ava's P.O.V.

Ava was walking beside her brother following Ricardo with the rest of the group she looked up at the sky to see the moon was full tonight. 'Is Mother still watching over us? She wondered.
Ava would never forget the day their mother had died. Then finally they stopped, and Ricardo walked up to her. "OK, you and Slate will go look again. But this time when you find them just report back to me we don't want them to know or they'll just run away again." She nodded. "Yes sir." Slate nudged her. "Come on we're wasting time." She followed him out into the forest. "Hmm, I think we should split up to go find them faster." She nodded and padded off in her separate direction. 'The sooner we find that Umbreon the better that curse needs to go, it's too dangerous.

Denny's P.O.V.

Denny was sitting on a hilltop all by himself glancing up at the stares. 'Fredrick, I wish you were here. Anthony hates me he wants nothing to do with me. I found him what's the next step?
He lay down getting comfortable and then he heard the rustle of leaves feeling puzzled he got up and padded towards the noise. He padded down the hill towards the river where he heard it come from. Suddenly out of nowhere a Leafeon jumped at him and pinned him down growling.
"You again!" He hissed "Where is the cursed Umbreon?"
"Like I'm going to tell you!" Denny spat back then took his chance to unbalance him and knock him off. Denny quickly used bite and he yelled in shock and used a leaf blade to push Denny back.
He smirked, "Ha ha you're a Fool if you think you can beat me water type!" Denny used an ice beam wiping the smirk off Leafeon's face.
Then Denny used blizzard. And pinned him down sinking his claws into the leafeon's shoulders. 'Don't kill him just scare him off or knock him out..Denny was so used to just ending the lives of his enemies. The Leafeon looked scared. "Do you know who I am?" Denny asked him and he shook his head. "No."
"Well let's just say I've been to war lots of times you don't want to get on my bad side! Stay away from my son!" The Leafeon looked worried. "Your Denny? That's why Ricardo wanted you!"
Denny scratched him in the face drawing blood.
"Let this be a warning to you! Stay away from my son or I will kill you next time if it's what it takes to keep you away." Then to Denny's shock, the Leafeon kicked him hard and then used Leaf Storm Denny grunted at the pain and used Blizzard again. The Leafeon yelled. "Stupid Vaporeon! I'm not scared of you I will be back!" Denny started chasing after him when another Leafeon ran to his aid. "Slate I'm here!" She yelled and used a leaf blade. "ER!" Denny got mad and used an ice beam hitting Slate hard and knocking him out. As the male Leafeon fainted he looked up to the female and recognized her at once.
"It's you again." She snarled "I told you! You don't want to meet me again idiot!" She used an energy ball and Denny moved away in time smirking at her. "You're not going to be able to beat me. But it's kinda cute." Her face turned red "It's grass against water!" He nodded. "I happen to know a few ice moves." He ran up and hit her with an ice beam and she looked shocked as he pinned her down and used a bite. A look of panic flashed in her brown eyes. "Ok ok, you win!." she yelled before Denny could use another move. He paused feeling that he couldn't fully trust her.
"Is there anyone else nearby?" She shook her head. "No just me and my brother." Denny slowly got off of her. She looked at him "Where is the Umbreon? Is he with you?" Denny glared at her "I'm not going to tell you that! Not if you're working for that Ricardo." She frowned and then looked up at him again. "You know he wanted us to find you. Ricardo wants you to join us." Denny grunted then started licking his paw. "Heh, I said no already." she sighed "Oh come on! Please."
He gave her a look. "Wait... you want me to join?" She nodded. "Yes, we could use you." Denny felt a bit taken aback. 'I thought she was a better Mon. The last time I saw her. Slate was beating her.
He looked at her after for a long Moment. "I thought you said Ricardo was a Mon I didn't want to meet?" She looked away. "Well he is but. He said he wanted you to join us." Denny slowly walked up to her. "But do you like being part of his army?"