Chapter 12 A Bossy Vaporeon 📍

Anthony's P.O.V.

Anthony woke up feeling surprised to be the first one up. 'Hu? Denny usually gets everyone up by now where is he? Feeling curious he walked over to where the Vaporeon was sleeping and narrowed his eyes when he saw that Ava was sleeping with him. Anthony had to hold back a growl. 'And he gets mad when I wanna sleep in?
Then he noticed the Vaporeon was fidgeting a bit in his sleep but just brushed it off. Suddenly he bumped into Ryker "Morning Anthony I see you're up for a change is Denny up yet?" He shook his head "No not yet I'm going out for a bit wanna join me?" The shiny vaporeon nodded and they both padded off together while the rest were still sleeping.

Denny's  P.O.V.

As the first crack of dawn began to fall Denny shifted in his sleep feeling distressed as his memories came flooding back.

Flashback of Shawn's death

Fredrick looked horrified as he watched the Vaporeon standing over Shawn their younger brother. "Denny, please don't do this please!" The shiny Flareon had a few tears in his eyes. "You can't kill Shawn, kill me instead!" Denny stared back at him suppressing his feelings and shooting Fredrick with a cold glare instead. 'Well it's a little too late for that now isn't it?! Do you think I want this?
"So now you understand how I feel, Shawn was all I had left but you had to ruin it!" Fredrick's ears went down. "Don't kill him! I said you could have me." Denny smirked. "Thanks, I will take you." Charlie used a thunder wave and Fredrick became paralyzed then Zeta grabbed him and held him down. "NOO!" Fredrick yelled as he struggled to move, Shawn slowly got up and coughed up some blood then Denny knocked him back down and Shawn's leg cracked when it hit the ground. "My leg it's broken!" Shawn cried.
Denny could feel Fredrick's horrified gaze on him as dragged Shawn to the water. 'It will be over soon just hurry it up! I can't back down now.
Ignoring the heavy pain in his chest he threw the Umbreon in. "Good luck swimming with a busted leg!" Zeta and Jessie started laughing at Shawn as he struggled in the water his words drowned out by the water. 'It's not funny! I am destroying a part of myself right now. Then he heard Fredrick's yell.
"Please don't kill him!" Fredrick cried, and then Denny turned on him feeling hurt "I have to... he betrayed me." Then he focused on the water and used a whirlpool so Shawn would get sucked under. "NOO!" Denny heard Fredrick and then the sound of rushing paw steps coming towards him. 'OH NO! When he turned around he felt shocked as the shiny Flareon shoved him aside and dived in. Denny felt his heart pounding as he stared at the water. Jessie ran to his side giggling "Haha, what an idiot we didn't have to kill him he just did it himself." She brushed up beside him. "Come on now let's go back to camp." Denny gritted his teeth. "No, I need him alive!"
She looked shocked. "Oh? I thought you wanted him dead?" Denny paced back and forth.
'She's right don't do it! Don't save him.. ugh I can't lose both at once it hurts too much.
"I have my reasons, Jessie. Don't worry we're still gonna kill him." He heard Zeta grumbling. "Is he serious?" Denny ignored him and dived into the river rushing down as fast as he could then found the Flareon still swimming downwards reaching out to Shawn but Denny got there first. He grabbed Fredrick and then felt guilty as he saw Shawn inhale water. Denny was frozen for a bit As he watched the light fade from the Umbreon's gaze and felt a tear slide down his cheek.
'No.. don't cry I need to be strong.. Then he felt the Flareon struggle a bit before going limp.
Denny quickly covered Fredrick's mouth and nose with his paw. 'Fuck we'll never make it he's drowning to! He swam for the surface as fast as he could feeling panicked then finally splashed out of the water landing on the grass. The unconscious Flareon tumbled a few paw steps away Jessie had a big smile on her face. "Oh, he fainted I'm sorry but you are aware he probably sucked in water the second, he fainted right?"
Denny walked up to the Flareon and rested his paw on his chest. "Hmm, his temperature is low....." Then felt him still breathing.
'Yes, I haven't lost him yet! Jessie tilted her head to one side. "Going soft are we? Awe, can't we just kill him?"
"Oh we will... but I think it would be better to let him suffer first." Charlie looked shocked. "Hu what now?"
"Oh yeah, that's right I will kill him when he truly wants to be put out of his misery. I want him to feel my pain when I rip his throat out."
Charlie looked shocked for a bit then said nothing. Jessie smiled "Oh, that sounds fun, let's take him to the prison den before he wakes up and tries to run away." Denny nodded. "Oh, you guys go without me. I need to be alone for a bit."
He felt Jessie's feelers on him. "Ok, but don't keep me waiting my love." then she walked away. Denny hung his head taking it in and closed his eyes. Remembering the Umbreon.
"Shawn, I'm sorry it came to this." After some time went by he felt like he was almost losing it.
Fredrick must feel the same way. He began running back towards camp when suddenly Denny was awoken from his dream.
"Denny wakes up..... wake up."