Girl meets Texas Part 1

"We have changed the life of somebody in this room!" Riley says walking into the room.
"Oh please not me" Zay says.
"I'm happy with my life the way it is" Farkle responds.
"Yeah, we're not talking about you two" Maya says.
"Oh no. What'd you do?" I ask kinda scared.
"Oh Lucas, in your whole history, we know what has always been your biggest regret." Riley says.
"Baaaaaaah" I hear maya say.
"What's that, why would you do that?" I ask
"BAAAAAAH," maya yells, "You used to be a champion sheep rider at the mutton bustin' rodeo, until you fell off of Judy the sheep."
"And then you gave up ,but you never got over it" Riley enters the conversation again.
" That is my deepest, darkest secret! No one knows I fell off Judy the sheep except..." I say
"They, they made me Lucas, they, they made me!" Zay says
"How did they make you?" I question him.
" I said, "Y'all wanna hear a great Lucas story?" They said yes!" He tells me.
" Okay it doesn't matter, I'm over it. I don't think about that day at all," I say, "I fell off that sheep so fast. No one likes me!"
"Lucas, you can fix this! Get back on that sheep and be a sheep champion!" Riley says
"We have made that possible" Maya says
"How? How'd you make that possible?" I question scared and kinda angry.
"Show it to him" Riley says, and Maya pulls out a paper and Riley yells "RIDE, LUCAS! RIDE, BOY!"
" We have entered you in...

The Annual Mutton Busting Tournament!

In Austin, Texas!

In front of everybody you know!

YAY!" They say
"You can't enter me in Mutton Busters, you can't be over 8 years old or over 55 pounds." I respond confused
"You are wrong, young Lucas. We entered you last week and your application's been accepted." Maya tells me.
"Congratulations, Lucas Friar. You are an official entry in this year's Austin Roundup Rodeo! You will be riding Tombstone the sheep." Riley reads, and I feel my heart stop for a moment.
"What? Tombstone?" Zay says " Oh, woah, that's the end of you."
"Why is it the end of him?" Maya asks.
"What's the difference between riding Judy the sheep and Tombstone the sheep?" Riley asks.
"Read it again" I sigh scared for my life.
"Blah blah blah, over the age and weight limit for Mutton Busters, blah, you will be placed in the adult rodeo where you will, blah, ride Tombstone the sheep." Maya reads it again.
"OOH! You only got ONE WORD wrong!" I yell in frustration.
"Let's see if they find that one word!" Zay tells in my defense.
"Blah blah blah blabady blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blady blah... OH BULL!" Maya says in realization.
"Ah, she found it" Zay says
"You signed me up to ride Tombstone the BULL!" I yell at them.
"Are you excited" Riley asks doing some movement with her arms.
"What's the difference between riding a sheep and riding a bull?" Maya asks
"Death! Death is the difference!" I yell again. As Mr.Matthews comes in.
"Alright may we begin class....The railroad" he says as I sit here wondering what my girlfriend is gonna say when she finds out.
"I don't get it" Farkle says.
"What do you mean you don't get it, Farkle?" Mr.Matthews questions.
"How does this relate to what's going on in our lives, Hambone?" Farkle questions.
"You're just gonna let him call you 'Hambone', Matthews?" Maya asks.
"The railroad allowed us to travel great distances. The railroad allowed us to see how other people live. When you see how other people live, it changes you. And I like 'Hambone.' It's cool." He says.
"Riley, rip it up before he finds out!" I slightly yell.
"Who?" She asks
"Oh you'll know who. You'll hear a big boomin' voice. He'll say somethin'. He'll say somethin' like..." Zay trails off.
"This country was built on railroads. I, myself just arrived on the noon train from Austin, Texarcanada and Arkadelphia. Guess why I'm here?" My pappy joe says entering the room and I sigh at least I get to see Ari again I think to myself.
"Anybody?" Mr.Matthews asks the class.
"Haha! I'm here 'cause I could not be more proud of my grandboy Lucas." He responds.
" Pappy Joe. That's your Pappy Joe! That's Pappy Joe! YES, MORE STUFF!" Maya says getting more excited. As I sit there contemplating what could be last days.
"That right there's the first Friar that ever had the courage to ride the most ferocious creature in all of Creation." He says proudly. Damn I'm in deep I tell myself.
"Are we talking about Judy the sheep, Pappy Joe?" Riley asks. Why would she say that? I ask myself just why?
"Haha! Judy the sheep! Remember when you fell off Judy the sheep for about two seconds, boy? Remember that? And we all said it was okay 'cause you were only five years old? So we said it was okay, but it wasn't okay because you were a disgrace to the community and you dragged your family name through the mud-hole right up to this day. You put us in the mud-hole, remember boy?!" He says getting louder.
" Yes. There is one moment in every man's life that shapes who he is forever. My moment was Judy the sheep." I say sadly.
"Well you know what, Lucas Friar? Forgiven! You get on that bull for more than three seconds, and you will be the master of Tombstone the bull. And I'll tell you I love you. And that's something I never said to another human." He tells me.
"Can we talk about this?" Matthews asks.
"Time for talkin's over. I got a permission slip. Babineaux, I got one for you too. Come on boys! Let's go ride."
"YEEHAW!... That slipped out." Zay says standing up.
"You did this!" I yell as we walk out. "At least I'll see Ari again" I tell Zay as we leave
"Still haven't told them?" He questions
"No and thank you for keeping this one thing a secret. I wanna tell them, I mean I'm not ashamed of her. I love her but I feel like this will break the group and i don't wanna do that"