13. The dark street

Preeti's point of view

I smiled and bit my lower lip, looking at the teasing conversation between Siddharth and I. I am getting bold day by day infront of him. I was getting bored and missing my handsome hubby terribly so I thought to disturb him from his work and tease him.

I was always a shy type girl who was always a self reserved but Siddharth helped me to pull out me from my shell and now I am a little bit bold at least in front of him.

I got the text from keerti and she will be here in twenty minutes to pick me for shopping. I immediately hopped inside are walking closed and dressed into a sea green simple anarkali suite. It is a similar design of the red one which I wore on my beach date with Siddharth.

Siddharth liked the design of the suit that much that he bought all the possible colours of the design. I also liked it because it's a simple and beautiful design, exact of my taste. So I didn't stop him also to bought them.

I hurriedly apply compact powder on my face and coated my lips with rosy pink lipstick and apply some mascara on my eyelashes. I was wearing my diamond studs which Siddharth gifted me on our one month marriage anniversary. He took me to the romantic date and make love to me later. I wear the second stud in my ear when I heard the car honking.

I immediately took my purse from the bed and walked to downstairs.

"You are late bhabhi..." keerti looking at me from inside the car.

"I know I'm sorry.." I said while opening the passenger door and hopped inside the car.

"So where are we going?" I asked her when we finally out the large metal door of our house.

"I need to buy a dress for the office Annual function." She said while looking at me and give me a smile.

Her smile is beautiful like Siddharth. Of course they are siblings, not just the smile they have many similar things, like their taste buds are similar.

After reaching mall we bought a beautiful black gown for keerti for her office function and then have a lunch together.

I need to buy Mom's blood pressure pills, sanitary pads and pregnancy test kit to check if I am pregnant or not. But keerti took only a two our break from office and I two hours of her leave is finished long ago. It took us a time to choose a perfect dress for her. I think I should hire a cab fir back to home.

But if Siddharth came to know about that he will give me a good scolding and two hour long lecture not to ask him for a drive back to home.

I know sometime, not sometime, everytime he is being extra protective for me but he is right I am new to this place and I never go anywhere without my family member.

But I think one day I have to learn to go anywhere alone and explore the city by myself so I don't get lost in this metro city.

"You must be late for office. You go, I'll hire the cab." I said keerti and drop the shopping bags on the back seat of her car.

"It's okey bhabhi I will drop you to the home. If bhayi will know that I let you go home alone he will eat me alive amd by the way I took a half day from office." She said while hopping inside the car.

I opened the passenger door and hopped inside the car.

"Will you Please stop at pharmacy store I need to buy Mom's blood pressure medication along with some stuff." I said.

"Yeah..sure.." she said while taking the left turn.

After fifteen minutes drive we reached the pharmacy store and looked for a parking spot to park the car.