32. Some truth

Preeti's point of view

"Preeti it's not safe here now. They will reached here anytime. You should go." He said. We both were hiding in a parking lot behind the car, saving ourselves from them.

"But I can't leave you here like this." I said while pressing on his wound.

He was shot two times by them, one in stomach and other is on his right shoulder and I was trying to stop the blood by pressing it hard. Tears are flowing from my eyes looking at him in this condition and I can't able to do anything. I was trying to call Siddharth but he wasn't picking up his phone.

"Preeti I don't know if I am able to come out from here alive or not but you have to go to save Siddharth. My driver will be waiting for you at the back of this building." He said while breathing hard. His breathing is fast and uneven. My whole clothes is stained in his blood.

"But..."

"Do as I say and.." he took out the pendrive from his coat jacket with bloodied hand and give it to me.

"Keep it safe and give this to Siddharth. He will understand everything what is going on and take care of everything." He said.

"What is inside it?" I asked him between in my shaky voice.

"The root of all the problems and solutions of Siddharth's problems. Now go there is no time. They are here." He said while holding his gun and load it.
I peep from the car and I saw two man with gun looking for us.

"Go, I will give you the cover and don't look back."

I put the pendrive inside my jeans pocket and as he screamed on me to run I run with my full speed and didn't turn to look back. I heard the gunshots and I know they killed him. Tears are continuously streaming out from my eyes. As he said a car is waiting for me, ready to pick me. I immediately sat inside it drove off from there.

I wake up with gasped. Alarm clock is ringing with it's full sound. My breath is hard and my whole body is drenched in sweat. I turned off the alarm and drink a glass of water to calm my heart beat. I am having this dream after that day and it shook me to the core.

I immediately got up from the bed and walked towards the wardrobe where I put my things.

I opened my handbag and breath in relief when I saw the black pendrive in it. I have to give this to Siddharth as soon as soon possible. Only one thing is left to do , after that Siddharth will be safe and I will give this pendrive to him. Puja is sleeping peacefully. It's already six in the morning and the day of Aayushi's baby shower. Shivani di, my other cousins and jiju already arrived a week ago with their family. Everyone is asking for Siddharth and my in laws and I was keep telling lie that they are busy.

I got the mail from the finance company, in which I gave the interview. They put me in a waiting list and I know I didn't get the job.

I took the my clothes from wardrobe and hopped inside the shower.

........................................................................

Whole house is decorating with lights and flower garlands. Ladies are dancing and giggling. It's  a ladies function so men are not allowed in this function. Aayushi was sitting on the swing, wearing red light lehenga. ladies are coming to her one by one and blessed her and her unborn.

I was wearing a pink net saree, with all the ornaments of married symbols. They are giving me a new bride look. I walked to Aayushi and gave her gifts which I bought for her and her unborn baby. I whispered the blessings in her ear and she giggled.