25. Accident

Preeti's point of view

I still can't distract myself from the threatening text I got last night. Someone wants to hurt Keerti. He has Keerti's nudes and want money in exchange of them. I warned if I discussed this matter with someone, especially Siddharth, he public Keerti's nudes and forced her to commit suicide in shame.

I don't want to trust the person who was blackmailing me. What if someone was bluffing because he didn't send me any proof, so bluffing has a high chances.

Being a successful businessman Siddharth has many rivals, what if someone wanted to hurt us to get him. I wanted to ask about this to Keerti but knowing her behavior towards me I know she will not spare me and also I can't take risk to tell someone about it. What if he was telling a truth and I can't take risk with Keerti's life.

Whole day I was thinking about it and waiting for blackmailer's phone call or text message but nothing came. I don't know what will happen next but I can't let anything happen to keerti and risk her life. If the blackmailer want money then I will give it to him to save keerti.

Whole day I was feeling sick. I didn't tell about this to mom because last time she complained to Siddharth and Siddharth was all worried about me. I had a high fever in morning and feeling nausea tic whole day so when Siddharth suggested to have dinner outside, I agreed because I want to distract myself and get off from this nausea tic feeling.

"I can't believe you took me to the grocery store just after our dinner date."

I chuckled and shake my head slightly in amusement and Siddharth was following me behind with shopping trolley while complaining, How I ruined his perfect plan.

"Mom wants me to buy some ingredients for she is going to try." I said while picking up cheese from rack and put it in the trolley.

"But we have servant for it." He said while picking up juice box from the fridge.

"We can't leave everything on servants." I said.

"True..."

As Siddharth closed the door of fridge I saw the reflection on fridge glass door of same figure with black hoodie looking in our direction which I saw a months ago when I went shopping with Emily in mall.

I immediately turn to look at his face clearly but there is no one.

"What happened..?" Siddharth asked me looking at me and then the direction I was looking at.

"I thought...forget it. Let's go." I said, looking at him and we both went to the billing counter.

*****

"Thankyou.." I thanked Siddharth when he gave me my vanilla ice cream cone and he has his butterscotch cone in other hand.

"Do you remember our first icecream together?" He asked me while holding my hand and holding our ice cream in other hand.

We both walking on a pedestrian while eating icecream and enjoying the view of sky touching buildings in downtown at night. Adds of products are flashing on the big advertising screen and lights of the buildings giving a feeling of Diwali in India.

"Hmm..It was my favorite icecream." I said while nodding my head with a small smile.

"Technically, that day we went on our first day." He said turning his head to me.

"That day I also share something which I didn't share with anyone." I said looking at him with same intensity which he was looking at me right now.

We both looked at each other with love while remembering all the moments we shared each other two and half years ago when he came to India to celebrate Diwali with my family.