~Aches & Pains~

Your stomach growls with hunger. It had been far too long since you had eaten any food, since you didn't have a chance to do so at the party, nor were you served dinner here. At this point, you were willing to comply just a little bit for food. It wasn't going to be five-star dining like at Canto Casino, but you could eat anything right about now. You shift in your uncomfortable restraints, longing to crack your aching bones and soothe your stiff muscles. By now it must have been morning. Hopefully Kylo Ren was planning on giving you at least a few portions for breakfast. But as the hours dragged by, you realized nobody was coming. Your mouth was beginning to dry up from lack of water and you really needed to use the bathroom.

"Hello?" You call out hoarsely. You weren't expecting the guards to react, but it was worth a shot. If the room was sound-proof, you didn't know what you were going to do. "Is anyone there? Please..."

To your surprise and ironic delight, the door slides open and one of the white-clad Stormtroopers enters. He had his Blaster held tightly to his chest.

"What do you want?" He snaps.

"I-I want to speak to Kylo Ren. It's urgent." You add.

The Stormtrooper scoffs. "He's not going to listen to some foolish prisoner. Whatever you have to say isn't important enough for his time. Look at you... you little whore."

The word stung. It was degrading and cruel, how they all treated you here. Your fingers twitch to tug your dress down, but you couldn't reach it because of the restraints. You are forced to push aside your anger in order to reason with the trooper.

"If what I have to say is important and your commander never gets to hear it, it's going to be your job on the line. Your life." You watch him go silent, clearly contemplating your words.

The Stormtrooper raises his transmitter to his helmet. "Call in the commander. The prisoner would like to have a word." As he lowers the transmitter once more, he looks you up and down. "If Commander Ren doesn't want to keep you, maybe he'll let me have a turn."

You felt sick to your stomach, but you couldn't tell if it was from hunger or from his words. The Stormtrooper scoffs again, before he turns on his heel and exits the cell. A few minutes later, the intimidating presence returns to the interrogation room. Of course he was still wearing his mask. Coward, you think.

"That won't get you very far with me," Kylo Ren tuts.

"Stay out of my head!" You exclaim, fearful of his ability. "I just... wanted some food, water, and a restroom." You quickly add the word 'please' to the end of it.

"Why would I do that? You're going to rot here until you're compliant." He turns to leave and you call after him in desperation.

"Please! No! I-I'll listen to you. Even if it's just for a little while."

Kylo Ren pauses and with a strange-sounding sigh, he unlocks your restraints. This both surprises and pleases you. You push yourself up and grab onto the plate as you wobble on your feet. Lack of food and water, with the addition of not standing for so long made it difficult to balance. Especially in your ridiculously high heels. Pain shoots through the ankle you had managed to injure in the panic and you wince, but don't let it show on your face.

"Try anything and you'll go without food for longer." He says threateningly.

"Fine." You snap with a small huff. "Just know that I'm not agreeing to join you. I'll listen to your offer and stay silent if you let me do what I requested."

"I don't recall allowing you to give orders."

Despite this, Ren turns on his heel with a flutter of his cowl and storms out of the cell. You have to hurry to keep up with his quick pace and long steps. This was a difficult task to accomplish in those heels. You gasp as he stops very suddenly and you nearly run right into his back. He turns slowly towards the Stormtrooper that had spoken to you and curls his hand into a fist. With a sickening crack, the trooper's neck suddenly  snaps and he falls dead to the floor.

"What was that for?" You squeal in horror, wobbly leaping back.

"I saw his thoughts towards you. I heard what he said when I entered his mind." Kylo Ren snarls in response.

You blink in surprise. You didn't think he would care about that... or you for that matter. As he strides down the corridors, you are given a deeper look into the massive ship. It was very plain and repetitive, yet somehow hauntingly beautiful in its own way. The black, sterile floors are reflective of the bland white lighting above. Most walls are covered in black and silver grates and panels, but some give way to exposed wiring and maintained pipes. At the sight of Kylo Ren barreling down the halls, officers and Stormtroopers alike spring out of his path. It was impressive to see how much respect he was given. After what seemed like another eternity of walking, he stops once more and points to a door.

"Bathroom. You have five minutes." He snaps.

You scamper inside and seal the door behind you. You look around for a way to lock it, but don't expect to find one. Nobody was going to come in with that monster outside the door, however it was unnerving nonetheless. You brace your hands on the slick counter and look into the mirror, grimacing at your reflection. Your makeup was smudged, there were mascara streaks on your cheeks, and your eyes were puffy from crying. You bend down and turn on the cool water. It was incredibly refreshing to splash on your face as you wipe the grime from your skin. You are forced to dry it with paper towels that scratch your skin, but they would have to do for now. You quickly use the bathroom and wash your hands, giving yourself another once-over in the mirror. Without warning, the door slides open and Kylo Ren steps inside.

"What the-" you exclaim in surprise. "What if I was still using the bathroom?"

"Five minutes is five minutes. Now move." Kylo Ren orders, his voice sending chills down your spine.

You are led down a few more corridors, before finally reaching one of the small cafeterias. It wasn't full yet since it wasn't lunch or breakfast time, but you expected it to be otherwise. Even the mere sight of the food was enough to make your mouth water. The commander points at a stack of metal trays, before silently sitting down at one of the tables. You greedily scurry down the 'lunch line,' filling up your tray with food. As you make your way back to the table, you now have a bruised Naboo fruit, some stale portion bread with butter, breakfast meat, scrambled eggs, and a glass of water. You practically throw the tray down and plop yourself in the seat across from Kylo Ren, wolfing down the food. Although his mask was on, you could feel his judging gaze lingering on you from beneath it.

"Are you going to stare or are you going to talk?" You say through a mouthful of bread.

He shifts. "Tell me about yourself.

You pause. Your glass of water hovers above your lips in surprise. What did he just ask you? Whatever you were expecting from him, it wasn't that. "Um... well... I trained in a Jedi Academy when I was younger. It was Luke Skywalker's. I'm sure you've heard of him, what with how many Jedi you've killed."

"Mind what you say." He snaps, though he had visibly tensed up. "Why did you leave?"

This was a touchy subject for you. "I'm not going to talk about it."

Kylo Ren leans over and tugs the tray away from you. "Then you won't eat."

You glare at him and rip the tray out of his grasp. "Fine. If you must know, I left because the entire temple was destroyed. My... my best friend was killed in the fire." Your voice cracks with pain.

"Who was she?"

"He. His name was Ben Solo." You couldn't stop the tears dripping down your cheeks as you hang your head. "He's gone."

"I knew him." Kylo Ren says stiffly.

You look up in surprise and he shrugs.

"I killed Ben Solo."