~Lights Out~

A/N: TW's ahead. They include: talk of sexual assault, harassment, trafficking, and slavery; in this chapter and the next few.

You were called from your quarters early the next morning to attend a small meeting up on the command deck. It was nothing much and you couldn't care less about the purpose of it. They were just discussing the future of the First Order's fire-power. After the downfall of Starkiller Base, it was a rather touchy subject. Especially for General Hux's fragile little ego. You didn't even know why they were forcing you to attend it. Just because you were the commander didn't mean you actually knew about these sorts of things. Kylo had made it clear enough your only purpose was to make sure people actually followed his orders.

Still, you took your job seriously enough. You wanted them to respect you. That's why you rise out of bed that morning with the least amount of complaining you could muster and change into an elegant little number with your signature heels. You sweep your hair back with a black ribbon as you make your way up to the command deck. The ship was rather still for that time of morning. The usual patrols still passed once in a while, but it wasn't nearly as busy as it was in the day or nighttime. You suspected that nobody really wanted to work a graveyard shift and no trooper in their right mind would volunteer for it. Even their steps appeared more sluggish than usual. You had to presume they were getting forced into it.

There was something so strange about spending your days and nights in the cold vastness of space. Although you never tired of seeing the endless stars sprawling before you in the inky blackness, you desired to see the sunrise and the sunset again. You wanted to watch the sun slowly creeping over the ridge and paint the sky orange, pink, and blue. Golden hands would push away the darkness of night. What you wouldn't give to smell the fresh morning dew on the grass and hear the planet awakening around you again. You were always fond of the sunrise. Sometimes, if you couldn't sleep, you would step out onto the balcony in the casino to watch it come up over the gleaming city.

Perhaps Kylo would take you someday. But who were you kidding? The man didn't seem to have a single good bone in his body. A smile tugs at your lips at the memories you shared with him before he transformed. Before he was Kylo Ren. Ben often pulled you from your hut after dinner so you could hike up the rocks together and sit side by side. His eyes were always glued on the water and the way it reflected the setting sun. As corny as it sounded, it was the place he kissed you for the first time. You would give everything to travel back to that moment.

You shake your head to snap yourself out of your daydream as the elevator doors pull apart. To your surprise, the command deck was completely empty except for the people attending the meeting. Kylo--of course, General Hux, and some other stuffy generals you didn't give two shits about and wouldn't bother learning their names either. You meet Kylo's eyes for a split-second, but he looks down at once. He seemed... distracted. He was biting on his lower lip and his eyes were glued to the ground they second the left yours. You fight back a smirk. Perhaps you had had a bigger effect on him than you originally thought.

"Good of you to finally join us." Hux sneers.

You give him the coldest glare you could muster. "Forgive me for not being aware of this meeting until approximately fifteen minutes ago. Perhaps you could get better control of your men so they could inform me sooner."

"If I'm not mistaken, they're your men as well. Unfortunately we-"

"Are you two done bickering?" One of the generals huffs. "We're here to discuss the Dreadnought construction, not listen to you squabble."