~An Agreement~

You, Butterfly, don't know anything about pain. Kylo Ren's words echo through your mind over and over again, just like when he had told you what he did to Ben. The moment he had called you that, it was as though your brain had momentarily shut down. It had taken you a second to catch up to what had happened. Butterfly. Ben's smile flashes before your eyes like a ghost. What were the odds that Ben had even mentioned you before his death? And why? The only reason he would do such a thing is if Ren had mentioned you in a previous conversation. There was no way he would know you even existed back then. Your lips curve into a small frown. And the commander seemed too stunned when you questioned him, as though you had taken him off-guard for a moment. There were so many questions that you wanted answers to.

"Why won't you listen to me?" You demand, following Ren as he storms towards the door. "I just want answers from you!"

"I've given you several chances for that." He snaps as he whirls around. "If you agree to join me, I can give you whatever you want. I can tell you what you want to know. Show you what you want to see."

You throw your hands in the air dramatically. "I need time. These sort of decisions don't happen overnight. What you're trying to give me is what I ran from in the first place! I don't want any more pain in my life."

Ren gives you a small push backwards. Apparently you were invading his personal bubble despite you being far enough back. "You're going to be in pain forever! I can put an end to your pain. The Dark Side of the Force is offering you a way out and you're blind to it. I can feel the conflict in you... you want to turn now more than ever. I can teach you how to use your pain--your anger--and turn it into something more. Something greater."

You bite your lip as he turns on his heel and heads for the door once more. You needed to say something now. Now was your chance to make him listen. Now was your chance to get him to stay. In a panic you blurt, "if you answer my questions, I'll join you. I-I promise."

Kylo Ren freezes. He turns around slowly. Although you couldn't see his face, you could tell he was thinking. After a few moments of silence, "what do you want to know?"

You put on a brave front. "Why did you kill Ben Solo?"

His sigh sounded strange from within the helmet. "I already told you. His loyalty was questionable and he was holding back. He needed to unlock his potential and he was hesitant about doing so. His death was his final step into doing so."

"How did you know him?"

"I sensed his conflict with the Force. Much like I sense yours now." He replies coldly. "I hunted him down like I did with the rest. His death was quick, if you must now. He didn't... he didn't suffer..."

This wasn't as comforting as you would have hoped. You bite your lip to keep back your tears. "Why did Ben mention me before he died?"

Ren shifts and pauses for a second. "I felt your presence as well. I demanded to know your location and he refused. That was one of the many reasons for his death. Solo wasn't as innocent as you think, girl. His temptations toward the darkness came from an even darker part of him. Is that all you want to know?"

You figured this was as good a time as any to question anything and everything. Now he would be forced to with your loyalty on the line. You hadn't even thought about your words and you were starting to panic a little. You didn't really expect him to agree to your terms, but now it seemed as though you would be a part of the Order after all. You had no reason to fight it anymore. "Why do you wear that ridiculous mask? Now that I know you're not old and shriveled, I'm curious to see how deformed you are."