~Mirrored~

"Apologies, Supreme Leader."

Kylo Ren's eyes snap open. His dark, stormy eyes land on the officer now standing at the mouth of his quarters, giving him the coldest look he could muster. The man shifts nervously, suddenly becoming very dry in the mouth and quiet. The longer he stands by the door, the more time Ren is given to observe him. Clearly the officer had never interacted with him before, judging by his behaviors.

Then again, Kylo did look particularly frightening. He had just returned from yet another planet as part of his passionate search. His rather gaunt skin was streaked with a mixture of dust and ash. The thick hair that normally fell so perfectly to frame his face was messy and soaked with sweat. Instead of opting to take a shower first, he had decided to meditate instead. It was the only thing keeping his temper in check since you had left.

The fits of rage Kylo had been experiencing were growing more and more frequent. The ice around his heart that you had managed to thaw was freezing over again. His eyes were glazed over; he was peering through a filter of red, hot hatred. The weapon attached to his belt was put to use multiple times a day. If he could not let out his aggression on a person or creature, he would let it out in the training room.

That crackling red blade had gone crimson from the blood it had spilled. It started that day on Sarka when you had left. Something inside of him had simply snapped. Perhaps that was why he cut Syala's head clean off her shoulders. Or plunged his blade through the chest of his secretary. Not wanting to blame himself, Kylo was targeting all those who had affected you negatively. Any officer or Stormtrooper that had ever had one dirty thought about you was killed immediately. Nothing was stopping Kylo. No one could contain him. And he was loving every second of it. The hatred was fueling him and it had come to a point where he was craving the sound of his lightsaber sizzling through skin.

"Why have you disturbed me?" Kylo's deep voice rumbles within the depths of his throat, blanketing the room with terrifying coldness.

The officer swallows, placing his hands behind his back and straightening up to appear more presentable. "Your Board of Superiors is requesting your presence in conference room 2G. They say it's important."

"Can't they wait?" He snaps.

"N-No, sir." The man's shoulders sag.

Kylo grunts and rises to his feet, his cloak fluttering at his ankles. He fastens his lightsaber to the side of his leather utility belt and approaches the small pedestal beside his grandfather's helmet. Upon it rests his mask. It had been mended, but was now home to a few small dent and was riddled with glowing red cracks. Kylo lifts the mask up and settles it over his head, huffing within its confines. The officer flinches and recoils as Kylo storms out of the room.

The people trudging through the corridors scramble to get out of his path. They had been surprised when his old habits had resurfaced and now knew better than to get in the way. The officers that had once claimed you were useless were now regretting their choice in words. A lot of things suffered around the Supremacy, not to mention their Supreme Leader's sanity was slowly deteriorating. They press their backs against the walls, watching him go by with paled faces and sweaty brows. Fear in their work environment had spiked drastically.

As Kylo approaches the conference room door, his hands curl into tight fists, the seams of his gloves digging into his whitened hands. He grits his teeth and locks his jaw, silently complaining about this useless meeting. He believed that he was wasting valuable time. By now, he could be finishing another meditation round and heading to yet another planet to continue his search once more.