~Part of the Trade~

"Wake up, whores!"

Your eyes flutter open at the sound of Dorno's voice echoing through the stone room. It wasn't an ideal way to be woken up, but this entire situation wasn't exactly ideal either. As you rise from the bed, you notice the other girls stripping themselves of their nightgowns even with Dorno still leaning on the doorway and watching closely. It seemed as though they didn't exactly have a choice. You sigh and pull the ugly thing over your head, discarding it on the rumpled thin sheets of your rickety bed. You could feel Dorno's eyes trained on your nude body as you change back into the black and gold slave clothes.

The girls fall into a line in front of the door, stepping forward one by one so that they could be fitted with their collars. The collars made it easier and quicker to clasp a chain to a slave in case of something going wrong. You grimace as the uncomfortable, heavy collar is snapped around your neck. You give Dorno the coldest glare you could muster, but he only smirks and chuckles. As you follow the girls down yet another corridor, you keep your eyes down and your arms crossed self-consciously over your chest. All you wanted to do was go home. Tears sting your eyes at the thought of Kylo. You wanted him to burst in and pull you away in his strong arms. You could only hope he was starting to piece everything together.

You gasp as you slam right into Do'lona, not having seen that she had stopped walking. She didn't say a word about it and you could tell that she was nervous. Her dark eyes were trained on Dorno as he placed his hands behind his back. You rock forward on your toes, leaning to see another man stepping through the rusty door. He and Dorno speak silently for a while.

"What's going on?" You whisper to Do'lona.

She shifts and lowers her voice. "That man speaking to Dorno is the Housekeeper. He chooses the type of girls that work in the cantina today. Whoever doesn't make it in gets put through another cycle. If you make that one, you dance. If you don't, you go to the Slave Master for work. It's mostly cleaning. Every seven rotations, all of the girls go to the Slave Master for auctioning. Everyone. Unless Dorno wants to keep them around."

"Shut up!" One of the guards barks, slamming his spear against the ground.

Do'lona flinches and falls silent. Your eyes lift when you see the Housekeeper nod to Dorno. He disappears back through the room as Dorno walks down the line, looking each girl up and down. He stops and pulls Lani out of line, but passes by the rest with no interest. Dorno stops when he gets to you and you suck your breath in. He grips you tightly by the wrist, yanking you out of line to join Lani. The girls look up in confusion when they see that you had been pulled. Do'lona gives you one last look before she and the rest of the girls are ushered back down the opposite way. Dorno beckons to you and Lani with one finger and you unwillingly follow after him. You tag after for a little while before he points silently to a single door. Lani goes first, but before you have a chance to follow, Dorno snatches you by the wrist.

"Be good today, little flower." He sneers. "Or don't. I usually pick the ones that get on my nerves."

You furrow your brow, but he gives no further explanation. Dorno shoves you through the door after Lani and it closes in your face. When you turn, you are surprised to find yourself in a little dressing room with about twenty other girls you had never seen before. They pay no mind to you, but that didn't stop you from staring. You slowly take a seat in the chair beside Lani.

"What is this?" You whisper in confusion.

Lani picks at her dirty nails. "We got chosen for the cantina. It's the luckiest job you can get. All you have to do is follow around the sleazebags who come visit and look pretty. They might try to touch you, but they can't do anything else to you unless they buy you. I never get chosen for cantina unless my regular shows up."