~Bested~

What did I do wrong this time? You think miserably as you drag yourself back to your quarters. Kylo had lashed out so suddenly that it had frightened you out of your skin. Whatever he had heard must have infuriated him enough to take it out on you. What you had heard was also baffling.

There were so many voices screaming in your head. Voices filled with pain, anguish, and sorrow. Voices you couldn't even recognize until it came to your own and Ben's. But the Force had singled out two other voices. Two voices that you hadn't a clue as to who they belonged to. Although you couldn't recognize them, you did remember a name that had come up. Anakin. Who was he? The name didn't ring any bells but the situation he was in sounded dire. Perhaps it was a memory, much like the voice you had heard from Ben.

You sigh as you lean into the shower to turn the water on, letting the steam rise as it heats up and you strip yourself of those heavy winter clothes. Everything around you was getting more and more peculiar by the second. So many questions were taking hold of your brain, you didn't even know where to start. Questions like what did Kylo's face look like? Who was Anakin? What did Kylo even see that made him as angry as he was? You tug the glass door to the shower open and step inside, letting the warm water roll down your skin. Running your fingers through your hair, you lather it with heavenly-smelling shampoo, before rubbing your body down with body wash that smelled of sweet milk and honey.

Your mind races as you desperately seek answers to those questions. They were going to nag you for the rest of your life if you didn't get what you needed soon. It seemed as though ever since you joined the First Order, your life had become nothing but puzzles and problems. And at the center of most of those problems? Kylo Ren. The man who killed Ben, Xian, and possibly thousands of other innocent people. The man who kidnapped you and somehow convinced you to join him because he promised answers to your questions. What did you have to show for it? More questions, little answers, and a rather rough relationship with the commander.

After another ten minutes of just standing in the shower with your thoughts running wild, you shut the water off and wrap a white towel tightly around your body. Your hair drips down your back, leaving a trail of water behind as you walk back into the main room to change. What you didn't see was that someone was standing at your door. Not until he moves quickly towards you, that is. You gasp and leap back in horror.

"What the hell?" You demand angrily, glaring daggers at Kylo.

His only response is silence. Oh, and grabbing you by the wrist. He pulls your body towards him, his hands sliding up the towel with ease. To his surprise, you angrily plant your hands on his broad chest and shove him away.

You scowl at him. "If you think I'm going to just submit to you after you nearly took my head off with your lightsaber, you're dead wrong. I didn't deserve your anger and you don't deserve me."

Kylo's fists tighten at his sides so much, that you were sure his gloves would pop at the seams. "I expect you to be in the training room in ten."

He turns on his heel, cloak fluttering at his ankles as he storms off. Without thinking about what you were wearing, you charge after him, your rage nearly bubbling over at this point. You manage to extend your hand and grab onto his cloak, foolishly yanking him back. Wrong choice. Kylo furiously slams you against the wall, his ever-tightening hand around your throat.

"What makes you think you can disrespect me? I'm your commander. Your master! You're nothing but an apprentice that I just so happen to be fucking." He spits.