~It's Only Torture~

TW: graphic violence, blood

Beep. Beep. Beep.

You stir beneath stiff, scratchy sheets. Your eyes slowly flutter open and you squint at the bright fluorescent light above your head. The smell of cleaning solution reaches your nose and you realize that you are lying in the hospital wing. Instead of being forced to take a bed with a mere curtain around it, you had been treated to a private room given to superior officers. The sterile room was filled with equipment, half of which you couldn't even recognize.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That was the sound of the heart monitor attached to your finger. You move and wince at the small sting in your left wrist as the needle from the IV shifts against your skin. The black room was scrupulously spotless and completely unoccupied except for you of course. It was well-equipped and larger than any hospital room you had seen before. As you slowly sit up, you notice thick white bandages wrapped tightly around your torso. Your back felt numb and you realized they had slathered it in an agent to stop the pain from the welts. How long had you even been asleep for?

"I just want to see her." A muffled voice behind the heavy blaster doors catches your attention.

"Sir, she could still be asleep. She needs-"

"I don't care!" The voice says angrily. "Let me through immediately."

A pause. The door slides open the next second and your eyes widen as Kylo steps into the room. His eyes lock with yours and he starts towards you. You couldn't help yourself. You break down and begin to sob as he storms to your bedside. The past week had worn you down and torn you apart more than you thought. All of the pent-up emotions were now breaking free at the sight of the man you had been desperate for.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to find me," you sob, clinging tightly to the front of his robes. "I would never see you again. They'd kill me or-or worse-" you were unable to finish your thoughts as you bury your face in Kylo's chest.

His arms slowly snake around you, pulling you even closer as he sits down on the edge of the thick mattress. He swallows as his throat swells. Your body trembles in his grasp, your shoulders heaving as you sob and hiccup.

"I'm here..." he says quietly. "You're safe again."

Kylo tries to pull away, but you don't let him. Your arms wrap tightly around his neck, your tears soaking into his shoulder. You feel his tenseness slowly fade away as he grows more comfortable with the embrace. A hug was something you figured he had been deprived of for a long time. Affection in general was a concept he wasn't quite used to. Kylo closes his eyes, his face buried in your neck. His next words surprise you.

"I thought I lost you."

You pull away and cup his face gently, your thumb grazing his full lips. With a short breath, you lean in and press your lips against his. Kylo returns the kiss, his arms wrapping tightly around your waist to pull you in closer than before. When you pull apart for air, he cups your face in his large hands, wiping the tears from your skin with his rough thumbs.

"I need you to calm down for me," he whispers. "We need to talk. I need you to be able to tell me about what happened. As much as you can." Kylo releases your face, placing his hands on your thighs and practically engulfing them with his grasp. You wipe away the remainder of your tears with your wrist and nod, sniffing. He nods at you. "Good girl. I need you to tell me exactly who took you."