~Ben's Darkness~

When you wake up, there is no cold metal against your back. No uncomfortably tight restraints rubbing on your skin. The only thing you could feel was silk encasing your body. As if someone had flipped a switch, you sit up suddenly and your brain catches up to you. You look around in confusion, not yet accustomed to your new surroundings. You were sitting on a comfortable king-sized bed with silk sheets, blankets, and pillows. The room would have been completely dark, had it not been for the strips of white light around the edges of the ceiling and floor. It was very simplistic, but elegant. The furniture was mostly black but sleek and sophisticated. You frown and toss the sheets back.

Why were you here? You look down at yourself, suddenly panicking that someone might have done something to you while you were out. To your relief, you were still wearing the leggings and sweater. As you observe your surroundings further, you notice the boots you had been given were sitting off to the side near the door.

You stand up slowly, your bare feet pressing against the cool, slick ground. As far as you could tell, you were alone. You cautiously peer through the door on the other side of the room, but it was just a bathroom. The identical door beside it must have been a closet. To your left, stood the blaster doors. From your little adventure through the Finalizer, you knew they were motion activated. Unfortunately for you, the doors appeared to be sealed from the outside.

"Hello?" You call out. "Is anyone out there?" You doubted they could hear through the thick metal door.

You run a hand over your messy hair, unsure of what to do. As confused and stressed as you were about this new room, you couldn't complain. Anything was better than that little interrogation room. Your aching bones and dirty hair tell you it was time to take a shower. You were very hesitant about doing so, but something told you that you would be alone for a while.

Your hand gropes around inside the bathroom beside the door for the light switch. There was no switch. You step into the bathroom and flinch as the lights spring on by themselves. Motion activated, you think with a small groan. You shut the door behind you, but there wasn't a lock. With a small sigh of relief at the sight of a shower, you shed your clothing. You open the glass door and turn on the water. After a few moments, steam began to build up. Despite your extreme unease and discomfort about showering, the desperation for cleanliness certainly was an overpowering feeling.

The hot water pours all over your tired, sore body. You close your eyes and let out an involuntary moan of relief and joy. You take your sweet time in the shower, never wanting it to end. Eventually you lather your hair with shampoo that smells slightly of fruit. The body wash was smooth and gentle on your skin. You were disgusted by the dirt that ran into the drain, but you were happy to finally be clean. After another ten minutes of just standing and letting the water run over your body, you turn it off and step into the fogged-up bathroom. You wrap the rather stiff black towel tightly around yourself and lean over the counter to wipe down the big mirror as best you could. You tousle and dry your hair, before stepping out of the bathroom. You didn't really want to change back into the same outfit Ren had supplied you with. You turn towards the closet and frown. Perhaps there were clothes inside? But why would they give you this much comfort? It didn't make much sense.

The closet light turns on when you step inside. A sharp gasp escapes your lips. Sure enough, there were piles of clothes on the shelves and hangers. You pull on another pair of leggings and exchange the musty sweater for a light t-shirt. The clothes were very simple, but you didn't want anything extravagant from the First Order. As far as you knew, you were still a prisoner to them.

"Comfortable?" A deep, familiar voice rumbles from outside, echoing his previous words. You step out of the closet hastily just as the doors shut behind Kylo Ren. His mask glistens as he turns his head to look at you. "I see that you've discovered the clothes."

You ignore his statement. "Why am I here?"

"Do you not find these quarters more accommodating than the cell?" He sounded a little offended, but more amused above all.

"No, no, it's not that! It's just... Why am I not in the cell? I haven't agreed to anything, Ren." You cross your arms. "I only remember trying to kill you."

"No. You never tried to kill me. I know that you're a much better warrior than what you showed me with that weak, pitiful attempt. All you need to do is unlock your potential once more." Kylo Ren extends a gloved hand to you. "What else do I need to do for your acceptance?"

"Nothing. You won't get it." You say flatly. "I want to go home. I'm not some soldier or-or a politician. I'm not useful!"

"Go back to what? Your little boyfriend is dead. I killed him before your eyes. There's nothing there for you." Ren lowers his hand.

Tears sting and pool in your eyes. "I'm aware. You're nothing more than a murderer. You've taken everyone I cared about. Xian and Ben." Your bottom lip begins to quiver at the mention of him. "Did... Did Ben say anything about me?"

Kylo Ren stiffens up considerably. "Yes. He's the reason I know of your existence. I suppose our Force bond was luck on my part. You can blame him for you being here."

"I can't blame Ben for anything. I never could. Not even when he made us both late to training. We scrubbed those steps twice that day," you crack a sad smile at the memory.

Ren makes an unintelligible noise from behind the mask. His shoulders tense up and he shifts his weight. "Ben Solo is dead. He's nothing but a bad memory now."

"Bad?" Your eyes narrow angrily. "Ben Solo was the only fond memory I have of Jedi training. He was everything to me. I-I loved him."

"Love is for the weak," the commander snaps. "Solo was weak and now you stand in his shadow. He died seeking out the darkness. Did Skywalker tell you that?" Your confusion makes him chuckle darkly. "I suppose he didn't. Ben Solo was tempted by what the Dark Side had to offer. I killed him when he finally got what he wanted. The last thing he did was pledge his services to the First Order."

You could hardly believe what you were hearing. "Then why did you kill him?"

He hesitates. "He was holding back from his full potential. There was nothing left to be done except destroy him. Ben Solo is dead. He's gone. You can finish what he started."

"No," you whisper as your face drains of blood. "No. You're lying! Ben was loyal to the Light Side. He was meant to be a Jedi."

"People change." Ren spits. "Now follow me."

"Where are we going?" You frown, folding your arms tightly over your chest.

He doesn't reply.