~Butterfly~

Kylo Ren's cloak flutters behind him as he takes powerful strides through the corridors. You were trailing on his heels, trying hard to keep up with his wide steps. You were starting to get a little frustrated with him; more than usual. He still hadn't said a word about where you were going and now it was becoming obvious that he was blatantly ignoring you. You had given up on asking after the first six hallways and two elevator rides, knowing that this was the man who decided whether or not you stayed in your new quarters. You were still confused as to why you were even given the quarters in the first place, but it would be best not to question him for a while.

Ren suddenly comes to a halt without warning. He whirls around and you slam right into his strong chest. He grips you tightly by your arms and you stare into the black visors of the mask. "I don't want to hear a single sarcastic remark from you while we're in there."

"I'll stay quiet if you tell me what we're doing." You scoff.

He huffs in annoyance. "Fine. There's a meeting in this conference room that's going to start at any second and my presence is required. It's of utmost importance that you make yourself seen and not heard."

Your arms cross. "Why am I even going to be there if I'm useless?"

"There are many men and women in that room that think you should be killed because they think you're of no importance. They need to see that your loyalty lies with us now." Ren explains quickly.

A scoff escapes your lips. "I'm not loyal to you or anyone, for that matter."

"I know that. You know that. They don't know that. Let's keep it that way, shall we?" His grip on your arms was tightening as his anger grew. "Not a word. Is that clear?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, Commander."

The commander releases you slowly. He turns on his heel and storms towards a set of blaster doors. They slide open immediately and you follow after him. Nerves begin to bubble in your chest at the sight of the people sitting in the conference room. The room was plain and black, like almost everything else on the ship, with a wide window giving a view into space on the opposite wall. A long table sat in the center of the room with about fifteen chairs, each but one was filled up with officers. They all looked so polished and important in their black and gray uniforms. They look up at the commander as he starts towards the table. At once, you could sense their fear of him. Ren takes his seat at the end of the table and when nobody is looking, he yanks you forward to stand at his side.

"Let's get on with it then," a pale man with slick red hair says huffily. "The progress on Star-Killer Base is exemplary. All further work on our ships should strive to achieve the same excellence."

You could practically smell the bullshit from where you were standing.

"Surely you're not that ignorant, General Hux." Kylo Ren's deep voice rumbles from the depths of his mask. "While the work itself has been exceptional, we still haven't tested the machine. The Supreme Leader expects the base to be fully operational so he can set his arrival. He wants to witness the destruction of the Resistance himself."

"Do not forget that we are yet to crush the Republic. As soon as the aiding planets are out of the way, the Resistance is a sitting target. It will be as easy as snapping a toothpick." Another man adds. "When will we be ready to begin testing, General?"