~Up In Flames~

Kylo Ren places his hands behind his back, pacing to and fro across the floor. He clenches his jaw repeatedly, gritting his teeth so harshly that it was a miracle they hadn't shattered. His dark cloak flutters and snaps at his ankles. It felt as though it was putting a heavy weight on his shoulders. He fights back the urge to rip it off and go on a rampage around the Supremacy's medical wing.

There had been no news about your health condition for quite some time now. The last time he saw you, you were passed out in his arms with blood drenching your robe. Kylo had scrubbed your blood from his hands with tears in his eyes and his heart in his throat. Deep wounds didn't usually make him sick, but the sight of blood pouring from your body made his stomach churn. He had lingered around a trash can just in case but fortunately the contents of his stomach remained in place.

For the past two hours, the doctors had been slamming doors in his face and turning him away. No matter what he did or who he threatened, they didn't let him inside to see you. They were insisting that he just lie down and get his mind off of the incident. But how was he even supposed to just forget? He didn't know what he would do if you didn't pull through. You were strong and stubborn, but you weren't immortal either. It was difficult enough when you got snatched up by Kess, but this was an entirely different threat. Seeing you nearly dying in his arms made him more riled up than he thought it would. That only proved to him how deep into this relationship he had gotten himself.

Despite the horrible weight about to crush him, some of the stress had gotten lifted earlier. Saying those three little words to you had given him a lot of relief, especially when you said them back. He couldn't bear to see you walking away. A part of him still doubted those words. For him, saying 'I love you' was a big step forward. He had been denied of affection for such a long time and when you returned to his life, it pushed him into an unknown world. Well, not quite unknown. He knew affection from when he was Ben, but he had completely pushed those memories aside. They still made their way into his brain, but now Kylo had you for comfort. What was he going to do if you were ripped away from him? Again.

"Supreme Leader," a voice interrupts his train of thought.

Kylo whirls around, his heart pounding in his chest. "What?"

The doctor shifts. "She's a little worn out, but she's awake. I would recommend waiting until she's fully recovered before you just-"

He pushes past the doctor without further hesitation, tuning out the man's shouts of protest. Kylo wasn't going to wait one more minute to be with you. The nurses try to hold him back, but they were no match against him. He storms through the small medical ward, making a beeline for the room that you were being held in. Kylo bursts through the doors, his eyes falling on you.

You were laying down with your back slightly propped up by fluffy white pillows. A light blue hospital gown hid your body from his prying eyes. An IV-tube was running into your wrist, feeding you what you had been deprived of. Your face was still a little paler than normal and there were dark circles under your eyes. You looked absolutely miserable and weak. It was just like when Kylo had seen you return from the Black Sun.

Kylo slowly approaches your bed slowly, wearily watching you avoiding eye contact. He carefully sits down on the edge of the thick mattress, reaching out for your hand. His fingers tenderly touch the back of your wrist. "Are you alright?"

You press your lips together. "I am now."

He shifts. "Did you piece together what happened to you?"