~The Supreme Leader~

You stir as you shift on the cold, hard ground of your quarters. Something had woken you up from your deep and uncomfortable sleep. It was your door sliding open. What time was it? You didn't know nor did you care. Your entire body aches and you couldn't be bothered to move. No. It was as though you had lost the ability to move; like you didn't care. Your eyelids open just enough to give you a blurry sliver of sight. Heavy black boots occupy your vision. The boots move closer but your brain couldn't catch up fast enough. You felt like you had just awoken from heavy surgery and nothing made sense. A strong pair of arms wrap around you, scooping your weak body off of the ground. They carry you to your bed and lay you gently down on the mattress. Your silk blanket is pulled up to your chin. Your lips part at the sight of a black and silver mask.

"K-Kylo?" You whisper hoarsely.

"Shhh," his gloved hand grazes your cheek. "Go to sleep." And you do.

Your eyes snap open a second time. You sit up quickly and hug the blanket closer to your chest. What time was it? And why was it so cold? Kylo liked to sleep in the cold but you needed it a little warmer than this. You rub your eyes and glance at the galactic standard clock; it was nearly noon. That was probably your fault. You had slept on the floor most of the night after all. Then you see it. Him. Kylo Ren sitting in the leather armchair with his masked head leaning over the back and a blanket sprawled over his lap. He was alive and he looked as though nothing had even happened to him.

You press your lips together hesitantly before whispering, "Commander?" He doesn't stir so you whisper again. Louder this time.

Kylo's head lifts and he rises to his feet almost immediately. You were first. Your bare feet press against the cool tile as you cross your arms tightly over your chest. Now that the shock had worn off, the anger was setting in.

"I thought you were dead." You say slowly. "I couldn't do anything until they sent the transmission. Are you hurt?"

"It's nothing." He says flatly.

It's not about to be nothing. Before he could react, you were shoving him back until his back hit the wall. You wanted to slap him desperately, but all you could do was pound your fists against his chest repeatedly. You wanted to hurt him for hurting you. Not physically but emotionally. Kylo only stands there taking the beating until he slowly reaches up and gently captures your wrists in his big hands.

"You're an asshole!" You sob, trying your hardest to pull away. "Fuck you! Fuck you for kidnapping me. Fuck you for sending me back here. And fuck you for not letting me see you! I didn't know what had happened! I was screaming at them because I needed to know you were okay! Why?" You shout hysterically, spewing words until you're not even sure what you're saying anymore. "Why should I even care about you? You're a monster! I hate you!"

You didn't know it, but those words stung for Kylo. They made him shift and swallow as his lips pressed into a thin line. He wanted to rip his mask off and kiss you. To show you what was really going on. To show you what you meant to him. You. His little Butterfly.

Kylo's fists tense at his sides. "I'm... I'm not the monster you think I am."

"You are!" Tears pour down your face as you stop fighting against his grip. "That scavenger was right. Y-You're just a creature in a mask."

His hands tighten around your wrists and the leather of his gloves rub against your skin, burning and twisting it as you wince. Kylo grits his teeth and releases you from his powerful grasp. "Are you finished?"