~My Fault~

Kylo Ren rubs his temple in frustration. He was beginning to grow impatient with the scouts he had sent out earlier that day. They were set to return any minute and so far there was no news. He leans against the long table of the emptied conference room, staring out at the blinking stars in the inky galaxy. You were out there somewhere and he was so close to having you back in his grasp. If you were even out there. For all he knew, that vision or dream from last night could be a total hoax. The Force worked in mysterious ways, but it wasn't right every time.

He never wanted to be right more than he did at this moment. Getting you back and making sure you were alright was his first and only priority. The raging war wasn't even a part of his mind anymore. If people weren't reminding him all day and night, he would have surely forgotten about the galaxy's turmoil. The only turmoil he was acknowledging now was his own. The dangerous storm that was brewing inside of him was turning wild. Last night's little vision proved that to him.

Now he was itching to get to you. The lightsaber at his side felt heavy; he needed to use it again. The darkness that had clouded his mind was like a storm. No. Like a parasite. It fed off of his anger and his sadness to grow stronger and spread through his entire body. It was taking him over and using him like a puppet. A puppet with an affinity for murder. The parasite drove him absolutely wild and turned him cold. He was shutting everything out to defend himself. If he found you, what would you do? What would you say? Surely you would be ashamed or disgusted of what he had become.

Kylo's fists tense up. Would you be frightened of him? He needed to show you that he was to be trusted, even if it meant luring you in like a mouse to a trap. Still facing the wide windows, his eyes slowly sink shut. He takes a deep breath and extends his feelings out into the Force, reaching towards you as a final attempt to connect. Nothing. Kylo's eyes snap open and he whirls around, slamming his fist against the table in frustration.

"S-Sir?"

He glares up at the source of the voice, causing the officer to flinch. Only it wasn't one of his officers or Stormtroopers. It was one of the pilots he had sent out earlier. The pilot shifts nervously, clutching onto the helmet he had tucked under his right arm.

"What do you want?" Kylo's eyes drill into him.

The pilot swallows. "Well... we traced several flights near the border of the Outer Rim Territories. We've located the girl."

Kylo's heart nearly stops beating. He forces himself to remain composed. "Well? Where is she?"

"Naboo, sir. We believe she's in the capital city of Theed."

He doesn't waste another second listening to the pilot's endless babbling. Kylo snatches his mask that was lying on the table and storms out of the conference room. His throat swells and his hands begin to shake from how tightly he was curling them. The leather from his gloves squeaks as the seams are yanked at. They felt as though they were going to burst from his hands. His heavy footfalls send officers scrambling out of his way. Clearly this was important.

Kylo bursts into the main hangar, barely glancing at the TIE Fighters and carriers lifting off all around him. He ignores the stares of confusion and curiosity coming from the troopers, pilots, and trainees lingering along the edges as he weaves through the crates ready to be loaded up and delivered. His eyes were glued on the TIE Silencer sitting just across the hangar. Its black, glistening wings appeared so deadly and intimidating compared to the shuttles surrounding it. As he approaches it, Kylo grips onto the ladder rungs and pulls himself up as quickly as possible.