~Hux's Secret~

Your legs felt like they had turned to jelly beneath you as you stood up the next morning. Perhaps Kylo had done his job a little too well. The feeling of being with him was indescribable somehow. He made you feel alive. Every time you saw him it was as though a rush of adrenaline was pumping through your veins, especially during intimate moments like the ones of the night before. But with those moments, came your desperation. Your desperation to see him without a mask. What he had allowed you to do last night managed to give you another little push. Your hands in his thick hair. At least I know he's not bald, you think with a sigh as you pull a shirt over your head.

And then there was the matter of the kiss. Kylo never failed to kiss you with passion but this? This kiss was something else. It was soft and meaningful. You had melted into him and he had melted into you. Your lips just seemed to fit together perfectly. There was nothing suggesting he wanted it to be taken further either. No tongue, no messy motions, just perfect motions. It felt so... sincere. It made you feel guilty to realize that even Kess's kiss hadn't compared to the one you had shared with Kylo.

Kess. That poor boy. What in the world were you going to tell him? Kylo had instructed you to stay away from him, but you two were so close now. You wanted to convince yourself that it was a brief infatuation, but it didn't feel that way. Besides, you couldn't just start avoiding the man who had become a best friend to you. You were determined to keep your relationship with the Stormtrooper, even if it meant you couldn't sleep with him anymore. Perhaps you could make up some lame excuse about Kylo wanting you to 'focus on your training' and to steer away from any 'distractions.' You knew you had to try to keep your friendship with Kess under wraps for his own good. Kylo had nearly killed him in the cafeteria, you couldn't imagine what he would do if he found out you had disobeyed his direct orders.

That was something you would have to worry about later. You push your hand through your hair with a sigh and make your way to the door. Training was your priority for now and you couldn't risk being late because of last week's fiasco. You had to admit you were surprised Ren hadn't kicked your ass for it yet. Surely he knew about your time scrubbing steps by probing around your head. Forcing you to do the same on the Finalizer just to spite you seemed like something your master had the audacity to do. Your door slides open and you are snapped out of your thoughts by a figure moving in front of your vision all of a sudden.

"Ma'am," a tall officer with gray hair and dark eyes looks down at you. "Come with me."

"Where are we going..." You trail off with uncertainty but you decide to obey him, curiously glancing down to the halls to see if this was another one of Kylo's little tricks.

Instead, the man leads you down a path you had never seen before. You notice that the steady trickle of Stormtroopers and other officers had picked up and the halls had become wider. This must have been an important sector of the massive ship if there was so much going on. As you gaze around in wonder, the officer accompanying you gestures to an elevator. The ride is bathed in silence as the white and black little box shoots upwards for a few seconds. When it stops and the doors roll open, you are spat out right into the center of the command deck. You stare as your draw drops at the dozens of blinking monitors, sleek catwalks, and massive windows giving you a view into the vast star-speckled galaxy. Standing in the center of it all was none other than Kylo Ren. Another man was at his side; a man you recognized because you had accused him of being a liar. Oops. You hadn't known he was this important at the time.

As Kylo turns to face you, the man follows suit. He was wearing the same gray uniform as the other men and women, only his right breast was adorned with badges on a patch representing his high status. His pale face twists as he sneers at you, his pale eyes glittering malevolently. Obviously he was still angry with you for calling him out in such a way.

"Sleep well?" Kylo's voice interrupts your thoughts.

You look at him, a small smirk tugging at your lips. That bastard, you think. Kylo's voice echoes through your mind 'watch your tongue, pet.' The nickname was enough to nearly make you shudder. You shift and straighten out when you notice the suspicion on General Hux's pointed face.

Your master places his hands behind his back. "Unfortunately you aren't going to be training for a while. You and I are going to Starkiller Base for about a week."

"What for?" You furrow your brow, looking between the two men.

Hux decides to answer for Kylo, much to his displeasure. "The First Order has powerful allies that are going to fly in to see the might of Starkiller. If they are pleased with its abilities, a new treaty will be signed. That means you are going to have to be able to keep your mouth shut until their visit is over."

Kylo glares at Hux from beneath his mask. "Do not speak to my apprentice that way, General. Despite this man's arrogance, he is correct. We're going to be attending a dinner on the day of their arrival. There is much preparation ahead of us. Return to your room at once to pack your things."

He turns away from you before you have the chance to reply. You shake your head and hurry out of the command deck, silently hoping that you would be able to find your way back to your quarters. Once you are gone, Hux raises his eyebrows at Kylo. "Surprisingly quiet today, wasn't she? What ever did you do to fix her mindless mouth?"

Kylo scoffs. "She was only quiet because I didn't give her a chance to mouth off. She hasn't changed much."

"Then I suggest that you take matters into your own hands. Enforcing punishments every time she runs her mouth is a good place to start." Hux says rather smugly. "It's a shame such a pretty thing has such a dirty mouth on her. I would set her straight if she were mine."

"Yours?" Kylo snarls dangerously. "She doesn't belong to anyone except for me. You'll do well to keep your greasy hands off of her. That girl can take care of herself but it isn't just her you should be afraid of."

Hux's lips curve into a sinister grin. "Careful, Ren. It sounds to me as though you're jealous. Now why would that be?" He smirks. "Could it be because I heard you fucking her senseless last night?"

Ren's gloved hand shoots out and locks tightly around Hux's throat. The officers working on the command deck all turn when they hear the commotion. They quickly look away in panic, knowing that they did not want to get caught up in the drama when their commander was involved.

"I should kill you right now for that." Kylo hisses.

"Don't worry, Ren." Hux manages to sputter as his face turns red. "I don't intend on using it against you. Yet. For now, you're too valuable to the First Order's success. But if you even try to harm me, I will broadcast what I know to the entire Order, including the Supreme Leader."

His hand loosens, dropping Hux back onto his feet. Kylo grits his teeth and turns on his heel, storming out of the command deck with his dark cloak swirling behind him. Hux watches him go with glittering eyes. As he turns to face the shining stars once more, a twisted smile spreads across his face.