~Return~

Your routine with Kess continued for the next week. Every night when he was off from his shifts, he would come into your quarters. When you slept with him, it was unlike anything Kylo Ren had put you through. It was sweet and pure. Sure, it got rough and passionate as sex often did, but you could feel the love Kess had for you. You stopped worrying about where the commander had run off to or why he hadn't come back yet. You didn't care that he was going to lose his temper if he ever found out what happened between you and the Stormtrooper. All you cared about was your time with a man who really, truly cared for you and made you feel loved. That was all that mattered.

Even though you couldn't see Kess very often during the day, you started carrying your lunch from your room back to the cafeteria he normally ate in. This became one of your new routines and it was enjoyable for the both of you. Although a lot of people gave you odd looks, you ignored them. You knew there was going to be talk, especially since Kess told you how quickly rumors spread, but you couldn't care less. Rumors could be shut down. The only people who knew the truth were you and Kess.

About three days after the first week without Kylo went by, you carry your lunch into the cafeteria as always. You spy Kess sitting at your usual table and make your way over to him. He gives you a familiar grin, filling your stomach with butterflies and lifting your spirits. Something about him was just so magnetic.

"What have you got today?"He looks down at your tray as you set it down.

"A sandwich that we can split." You wink. "Because I know you have a bigger appetite than anyone in this room. Some blue milk and a Naboo fruit."

Kess grabs the other half of your sandwich and takes a bite out of it, humming happily to himself. You laugh and reach across the table, giving him a small push. "You're so weird." He grasps your hand and smirks, but you quickly pull away, lowering your voice to a soft hiss. "Kess, you can't just grab my hand. No one is supposed to know about this. About us."

"Let them look." He shrugs, joking. "As far as they're concerned, we're just friends. A regular couple of best friends."

You laugh once more at the ridiculousness of it. "Ugh! Don't ever say that again."

Kess's big grin leaves his face. Your sandwich falls out of his hand as his entire expression twists. He slams a fist on the table, suddenly growing very red. The veins in his neck and forehead begin to protrude against his skin.

"Kess?" You fly to your feet at once. "Oh stars, what's wrong?"

He obviously wasn't choking on any food, there was none in his mouth. It was as though he was just... suffocating. Like something was choking him. Your brows furrowed in confusion. You didn't know how to help him if it seemed like an invisible hand was wrapping around his throat. An invisible hand. The Force. Your face goes pale and you whirl around. Just as you expected, Kylo Ren was standing there with his hand extended toward Kess, his broad shoulders heaving.

"Stop it!" You scream, flying over toward your master in less than a second. "Commander, please! You're going to kill him." By now, the entire cafeteria was staring at the scene unfolding before them. You grab onto Kylo's strong arm and put your entire body weight on it, trying to rip it down. "Kylo!"

He lowers his hand and looks down at you. You could feel his piercing glare behind his mask. Kess falls onto the table with a loud bang, choking and sputtering as he pulls oxygen desperately into his lungs. Kylo turns and storms out of the noisy room, his black cloak fluttering at his ankles. You give Kess an apologetic look, before rushing out to catch up to your master. He doesn't acknowledge your pleading voice until you both make it back to his quarters. Kylo whirls around, taking you off guard. You back away quickly, until you slam into a wall and stare fearfully into the black slits of his mask.