~The Prisoner~

Kylo Ren was gone early the next morning. This time, you knew exactly what was going on. He had explained that he was searching for Luke Skywalker and the map to him was being carried by a BB-Unit Droid. At the sound of your old master's name, you couldn't help but shudder. The memories of the Jedi Temple weren't all bad, but it was difficult to think about without thinking of Ben. General Hux's men apparently failed to capture the droid and now they were chasing down a tip from Takodana.

How the hell did they lose a ball?
You incredulously think as you get out of bed. Although droids were clever, there was no way it could evade them for so long without help from a living creature. You also weren't sure why Kylo didn't take you with him. He had been talking about getting you more experience in high-stress situations and in your opinion, this was the best way to go about it.

Was he going to take you with him when he retrieved the map? You weren't sure you could even face your old master if it came down to it. Or kill him, for that matter. There was resentment towards him from deep within you. A part of you blamed him for not being able to save Ben, but you knew you were just passing the blame down because you couldn't seem to accept it. In your mind, he would be there for you when you returned. Or so you wished.

 It was obvious Kylo had strong feelings for Skywalker as well. You could sense his anger through the Force every time the old man was brought up. You didn't dare ask why he was so upset with him. Kylo seemed to hold grudges against many people for long periods of time. It was yet another question you were seeking an answer to. That was all you seemed to be doing these days... searching and questioning everything around you. Curiosity was a natural instinct, but it was starting to bother you.

You try not to think too much about it as you change from your nightwear into your black robes, adjusting the leather obi-belt holding the light fabric in place. Your fingers graze the little band attached to your belt that would soon hold your weapon. A lightsaber, you think happily. I haven't held one since my training as a Jedi. You wondered if it was going to be as unstable as Kylo's. You certainly hoped not. Every time that thing was ignited, it looked as though it was going to explode at random.

Just as you start towards your day, you stop abruptly. Something was... off. The Force was calling to you, flowing through your veins as it awakened once more. It felt the same way it did when you first connected with Ren. Then you sense a presence behind you and your eyes widen. You turn quickly, face to face with your master. Only, he wasn't really there. He was standing in a small clearing in the middle of a forest. His hood was pulled up and the sun was gleaming on his mask.

"Commander?" Your brow furrows. "What's going on?"

His voice comes just as clearly as it would if he were standing right in front of you. Well, as clearly as it could be with the mask on. "It seems as though the Force thought it was a good time to connect us. Our bond is growing stronger... Can you sense it?"

A beat of reluctance.

"Yes."

Kylo shifts. "We've located the droid. It's here. But it had help. From a Stormtrooper defector and a lowly scavenger. I should be returning this evening if all goes as planned."

You bite your lip, hesitating slightly. "Be careful."

He moves closer to you and as though he really was there, you feel his body heat. Your eyes search the emptiness of his mask. He slowly extends a gloved hand towards you and you suck your breath in as it connects with your face. Kylo's thumb trails across your cheek. "Careful, pet. For a moment it sounded like you cared for me."