~The Wreckage~

~One Year Later~

You pull your cloak over your shoulders, taking a deep breath. Leaning over the control panel of your ship, your fingers fly across the rows of buttons. The soft rumble from the engines slowly dies away as the ship shuts down. With a soft hiss, the rear hatch falls open and allows you to step out.

The chill from the planet air kisses your skin, spreading goosebumps over your body beneath your thin robes. You shiver and pull the hood of your cloak over your head. Cold ocean water sprays into the air as the choppy waters slam into the jagged rocks peeking out of the waves. Gray clouds swirl around in the sky, hiding the timid sun. A storm was approaching, but it was nothing you couldn't manage.

As you climb over the rocks, you are careful of your footing and grip tightly onto any crevices that would aid your climb. It had been a year since that fatal day of the Supremacy's explosion. By now, it was likely that the remainders of the ship had crashed down on a planet. That was exactly what you had been doing since then. Searching. You had no idea if you were going to find it or what you were even going to do once you did, but you never gave up hope.

Perhaps all you really wanted was closure. Just seeing the ship that you had spent so long on would be enough to heal the wounds of the past that were beginning to close. Or so you hoped. The memory of the ship was still burned into your mind. Every night you would close your eyes and try to map out its halls, corridors, and rooms. If you were to find it, you wanted to know exactly what you were walking into.

You had so many memories from that cursed ship. Memories of the Knights of Ren and taking down Snoke. Of arguing and commanding or even just walking through the halls to enjoy it. As much as you thought you despised it back then, it was something you missed now. Those weren't the only memories burned into your mind. You also had memories of a certain someone.

Kylo.

His eyes were the first thing you thought of when you imagined him. Then came his nose, his lips, and his hair. The rest of him formed last, but you knew every inch of his body like it was the back of your hand. Every beauty mark and freckle was in its rightful place when you imagined him. Just like how it was supposed to be. The two of you had spent so many nights just memorizing and mapping out each other's bodies. Whether that be after a long night of passion or just laying together. It was those little moments that stood out the most to you.

"I'll see you again."

"Just wait for me."

You had waited. You waited for months until you realized that he wasn't coming back. It was then that you stopped wasting time on tears and you lived. Although your days were filled with obsessively trying to track down the Supremacy and flying from planet to planet, it was something that you truly wanted to do. Even if all you found was small pieces of metal and ash, it was worth it.

With a sharp huff, you hoist yourself up onto the jagged rock. Your breath catches in your throat at the sight of it. Finally. After all this time. Tears fill your eyes, but you furiously blink them back. This wasn't a time for crying. This was a time of burying the past and allowing it to bloom. It was time for your old wounds to heal once and for all.

The Supremacy was in pieces, but it was still more put-together than you had expected. At least a quarter of it was laying in one giant piece. It was bent, twisted, and covered in holes, but there was no denying that that was the ship. Some of it was submerged in the black waters, but the rest was jutted up on the pointed rocks. You crane your neck as you cautiously climb towards it. It was so big that it cast an enormous shadow over you. You had never felt so small before.